• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No fuel at injectors, after replacing filters. Advice needed.

DaneGer21

You would also see no rotation from the lower gear on the hydraulic head. You can check rotation by leaving the fuel shut off cover off. Have someone hit the start button while you watch the gear.

This would also be a good time to check that the plunger is free and moving up and down if you haven’t already

Gun Goober

Okay, first a big THANKS to all that gave me input. I'll try to make this brief but informative.IMG_0210.JPG
Big Betty!
IMG_2942.JPG
The HH after cleaning and reinstalling. (Notice the "Power Turn Up Bolt, more about that later.
IMG_2944.JPG
Inside of the shut off.IMG_2947.JPG
Shut off, everything was working, just no fuel pressure to the injectors.
IMG_2950.JPG
In utter frustration, I decided to do something with that "bolt" since, as you can see, the nuts were not touching anything. The only reason I know what this bolt is came from an old 30 year Army mechanic who told me, "Don't touch it!" (Frank8003 I read and re-read your thread several times without being able to diagnose the issue.) So, in my ignorance, I ran the nut closest to the housing in until it touched. It didn't tighten up so I went a few more turns in with it. After moving the next nut down and gently "locking" the first nut in place I prayed and begged God to help me figure out what was wrong with the truck!

I turned on the switch, heard the air pressure buzzer, then pushed the starter button. INSTANTLY, the engine fired and it idled like a brand new engine! I was screaming my thanks to God, to Steel Soldiers, to my old Army and Marine Corp buddies. It was wonderful!

After buttoning everything up, I went for a drive on old Highway 66. Big Betty held 55 to 60 MPH, ran straight and true, she reminded me of how much fun she is to drive.

Thanks again. Now I'm going to figure out just where those nuts are supposed to be set and DRIVE LIKE I STOLE IT!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks