• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NO LONGER Wrecked wrecker

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I knew you'd ask, just took some.

I just attached the MWO here also, for easier access. MWO 2320-260-30-1 When Mike changes the Tech Manual section, I'll upload it there.

I have found a few Chinese Import tires in 12.00-20 bias, with 16-18 ply.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
are thay tube, think the 22.5s would be better, doubt I can find the tires thats in the pic. I didnt realy went TWO tire threads
tread looks like a deep road tread

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can/did merge the threads.

They are tube type tires.

The General HCT tires are not available currently.

Ron, you have an air supply cut-off switch for your transfer case, you could get away with miss-matched front and rear tire sizes on road by keeping the front drive air off.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I can merge the threads.

They are tube type tires.

The General HCT tires are not available currently.

Ron, you have an air supply cut-off switch for your transfer case, you could get away with miss-matched front and rear tire sizes on road by keeping the front drive air off.
If I run a bit under size, 12R22.5 =43.7" no problem, over 44" could be if I forget to dump the air

No.2Diesel

"New Obsolete Tire Sources"

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your accident. It could have been much worse and thankfully it wasn't.

As mentioned by many, the easiest route for the long run may be to swap tires from an M916 etc. but due to replacement cost you'll always be looking for "nice junkyard tires." I know I would if faced with having to buy a new 24.5" tire.

When my brother purchased his 819 it already came equipped with a nice set of Goodyear G186 12"x20" radials. They were manufactured in Brazil. I think if your looking for adequate replacements other than NDTs, and want to stick with your 20" rims - obsolete tires from South America or anywhere else overseas might be your best route. You'll have an excellent selection of your favorite "oldies" to choose from.

For example pictured below:

these brand new General HCT 12"x20" 16 Ply, load range H tires were purchased from a local tire distributor for $150 each. They are also made in Brazil. All the local truck mounted cranes by me are still running 12x20s so they must have a similar source for new obsolete tires...Keep in mind that most Bias Ply 12x20s have a 50mph max speed so a radial would be ideal.

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The nice thing about 22.5 rims is that they are everywhere. Plus, you can find a 22.5 tire anywheres also. If you should have a tire problem in god for sakin backwoods Ga, at least the tire truck will have 22.5's in stock, and your only choice will be new or recap.
UPS runs a "traction" tire recap on the drive axle, and seem to have good luck with the recaps-I haven't had any issues in 10 years of OTR.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Could one of you 819 owners please run it across the scale to get real front axle loading weight, ill pay the scale fee, thank you

Also is the R/F spring mount the same for the m54 series and the 809 series

yes thay are, same p/n, a little research goes a long way, helps when you have a G744 parts TM

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim, if that is going to Ron and it's too big to ship I can take to Rockmart GA on 19th.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Tim, I need the front engine cover, it has 2 holes , 1 in the upper right for the accessory drive and the other is a the bottom for the crank snout/damper, around this hole is built up and fits into the front metal motor mount

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well the more I look, the more needs to be replaced, as I was pulling the muffler, I noticed that the right steering arm is BENT, now I need one of those and the studs, by the time I get done with the fix, ill have all new (at least new to me) steering and suspension if things keep going like it is. I may have to learn a second language and become a day laborer to be able to cover the cost. All I can say, THANK GOD it was the 819 and not a little deuce, all that weight and GOD keep the wheels down and not do a GIMP

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
well I just posted my WANT ADD for the part, I know somebody out in SS land has one

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm bad with left and right, is that driver or passenger side?

(oh I saw that Gimp comment, your price just doubled!)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have trouble- Try SECO in Augusta Ga. I was just out there, and they have everything from deuces to 10 tons. Real heavy on the 900 series trucks.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just came across this pic, look at what it says, since PB is the one who had the shirts done, maybe he knew something before hand,??????

sorry about not having a pic, just a link, don;t know what happened

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not fixed yet, have the new bolts, spring mount and perch, waiting on the new u-bolts now, once installed, I can get it back on rubber, then can jack up motor so the accessory cover/motor mount can be R & Red, then finding tires. being that money is in a very short supply and some how still my WIFE keeps finding the money ??????, I'm looking at being long distance road ready about 2011 GA. RALLY time

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yes Ron...you are a survivor...Vietnam, life...and the Clinto/GA Rally...and no...I didn't have any "preminition(?)".

You look good in that shirt troop...well as good as possible:roll:

Why even ask why?? You know the answer...God loves good troops...you are a good troop...so...continue the mission until HE says it's complete:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks