• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NO LONGER Wrecked wrecker

I'm not sure what you've come up with so far but a friend of mine runs Michelin XML 11.00r20's up front and as duals in the rear on his M816... I believe he has them on the standard rims with tubes inside...

Doesn't get a ton of highway use but it's a thought...

Matt

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Need front spring perch

Well not much of a update, comes to find out I need a front spring perch, its cracked, found this out as i changed the broke spring pack center bolt ( yes it took a hit also), got a want add for it but as hard as it is to read the want adds, I mentioned it here. Haven't done much other clear the wreckage and install new U bolts and a spring perch, been fighting MAJOR depression, and cash flow, the VA gave me depression meds., lot of help that did, now I was still depressed but so tired I could not FUCTION or do ANYTHING, so put the meds in the desk Dewar, feeling better, still depressed but can function, so I do the center bolt thing, as I was cleaning the spring perch getting ready go to install, what do I see but a FREKEN crack aua The word for the day is F--K

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

Well, time to start feellin' better![thumbzup][thumbzup] Spring is here, the sun should be shinin' and stuff needs doin'!!!:p:smile:;-) I just crawled out of a hole myself, you can dooo-iiitt! (in my best foreign accent)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well not much of a update, comes to find out I need a front spring perch, its cracked, found this out as i changed the broke spring pack center bolt ( yes it took a hit also), got a want add for it but as hard as it is to read the want adds, I mentioned it here. Haven't done much other clear the wreckage and install new U bolts and a spring perch, been fighting MAJOR depression, and cash flow, the VA gave me depression meds., lot of help that did, now I was still depressed but so tired I could not FUCTION or do ANYTHING, so put the meds in the desk Dewar, feeling better, still depressed but can function, so I do the center bolt thing, as I was cleaning the spring perch getting ready go to install, what do I see but a FREKEN crack aua The word for the day is F--K
Ron you NEED to come back down to the "hooch" this weekend...we are having seafood...AND there will be some folks here that you NEED to meet (Vietnam Vets).

We have that M817 dump that we killed for the engine/trans. Wonder if those parts will work??:beer:

AMGeneral

Ron,

The spring perch I sent you was cracked? or the other side was cracked?

If you need the other side spring perch,I think I still have it.....somewhere around here.

Brandon

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Brandon, yours was good, till I cleaned all the crude on the right one READY to install did I find the crack

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, you need to smile and be happy, we are what under 3 weeks from a 1500 mile deuce trip!:shock: Our phones are kind of messed up currently (watch the news) that's why I haven't called yet. Hopefully by Sat or so I wil.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron,
Sorry to hear that you're discovering additional damage. I'm sure it's discouraging. I applaud your determination to overcome adversity, adapt and tackle the project dispite these new challenges.

I hope that all your physical injuries from the "reentry incident" have healed. Now for your non-physical needs....

May I suggest that you take a look at Post #26 in this thread.... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/chaplains-corner/62385-2011-sunday-sermons.html I think it may help you.

Prayers for ya, Ron.

John

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well it has been over a YEAR since the LAST up date, as you ALL know, funds have been nonexistent for the wrecked wrecker repair, well it looks like things may finally come together, thanks to another member that I am helping to put his wrecker together, so it looks likes the following parts will be needed to get it on the road, front gear/timing cover and gasket, motor mount inserts (2), upper rad mount, lower rad mounts (both upper pair/lower pair), water pump sealing ring, exhaust pipe bracket that holds the pipe in place by the mirror (need to build a new exhaust from motor to stack) and at least 1 though 2 would be nice 819 0r bridge truck rims for spares (1200x20s call for a fatter rim then the 1100s), these are not needed to get the truck on the road BUT are needed to get the 819 to the 12SSGAR

Thank You MV GOD

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well the WRECKED WRECKER is NO LONGER a WRECKED WRECKER, I REALLY Need to thank MR. SWISS (Steven), I have NO WAY to thank him enough, because without him the WRECKED WRECKER would still be WRECKED :beer:
Have 5 bolts and the lower rad. mounts to tighten in the morning, started up at 1500 this afternoon (hot batteries help with a TWO year restart), everything is about done, new WP sealing ring, replaced gear cover and new seals and wear ring, new belts, straight exhaust, fuel tank has 2 Qt. of sea foam, 1 gal. 2 stroke, 4 oz of weed killer, not going to want to worry about 2+year old fuel. IP is leaking at the input shaft, it did before every time I let the truck sit for a while, then the leak would almost stop with use, so I am taking a wait and hope attitude, I do have the new seals, it is just a pita to pull the ip.

Going to run some coolant system flush tomorrow then refill with coolant and some anti-captivation (sp??) stuff,

Need to switch some tires around, put a almost new on the L/front, speaking of tires, anybody know where I can find some HCT 1200x20s (pic below) at a good price and TWO wide rims, can be either/or 1400x20 bridge truck rim or 1200x20 246/819 rim, I have no spare at the moment, going to BORROW one of SWISSs rims (to narrow but will do), then have the toe set (I'll have that done at the same shop that does the tire remounting )

Have 2 years of leaves and acorns to clean off the truck, a pile of crap that has COLLECTED on the rear of the truck, am not going to wash the 819, going to leave the mold, ect. (good camo for parking in the trees at the rally.

Then a test run to test brakes and to loosen things up, get seals warmed and working, then have some rally prep to do

Again THANK YOU STEVEN

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron you are most welcome and a BIG THANKS back to you for helping me with the M62! That is what Steel Soldiers and real people are about, helping others in whatever manner and with what talents and gifts god gave us.

We are going to pressure wash the mold off your truck as my truck does not like being seen in public with your truck in its unwashed state! fat lady sings

Yahoooooooooooo Whooooooooooooo

The Wrecked Wrecker Lives and will drive again! I am just pissed I was in Austin TX today and only could hear it over the phone and not in person.

Life is good! :)

Last edited:

3dAngus

Swiss is TOP NOTCH. Good guy all around.

Glad you two got tagged up.

Two years of a wrecked wrecker is long enough. Glad you got it fixed Ron! Hope we see it at the Rally. Never got to see it in 2010 for some reason. :p

OH, but on the tree sap and leaves, a little bit of soap and water never hurts. Try it. You'll like it.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ron you are most welcome and a BIG THANKS back to you for helping me with the M62! That is what Steel Soldiers and real people are about, helping others in whatever manner and with what talents and gifts god gave us.

We are going to pressure wash the mold off your truck as my truck does not like being seen in public with your truck in its unwashed state! fat lady sings

Yahoooooooooooo Whooooooooooooo

The Wrecked Wrecker Lives and will drive again!

Life is good! :)
The mold will help me find north and makes GREAT CAMO for when the 819 is parked in among the oak trees at the rally, your truck can lead, that way it won't have to look at the camoed 819, so there is no need to PRESSURE WASH, I figure if GOD wanted the 819 CLEAN, he would send a rain to wash it, apparently HE is happy with the cleanliness of the 819, I do not want GOD to think that I think that HE is not doing a great job, in simple terms, I do not want to PISS off GOD

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Took the 819 out for short test run :), things all seem to be good, brakes, ect, hurten a bit for power, I'd guess the fuel filter, two years sitting like it did plus the tank crap, going to run a bit more to try to catch as much crap before I Chang it, IP still leaking, though not as bad, maybe the seal getting warm will sorta fix things (I hope), going to swap some tires tomorrow, got rid of the leaves and acorns, need to set a time for my toe adj,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks