• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now lets see your truck in the snow

dittle

Here's mine from the coating it received last night. We're expecting this amount and more over the next 2 days so before long I won't be able to see my Deuce.......then its time to take it for a drive :-D. Got 2 threads covered in this one, got my 4-legged companion as well.

Attachments

1stDeuce

Hauled the deuce up to the UP yesterday. The last 50 miles it was snowing and blowing pretty good, with single digit temps... Took a few pics when I got to the shop. Thought you might all find them interesting... Note that the last 20 miles were mostly unplowed, with about 6" of fresh snow, at 45-50 mph. I thought the windows looked neat, but man did I laugh when I opened the door... No, I did not leave the windows down! :)

C

Attachments

jollyroger

This is like the greatest post ever!!!!! Now I gotta get some fresh snow here so I can get in on all the fun. We have about 6 inches that is hard packed. It's been hangin' around for the last week and a half. We are supposed to get some fresh over the next few days so watch out. I will be throwin' down with some good pics just like you guys.:-D:driver::beer:

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figured I'd add an image to this thread also. The 757 did very well on its first test drive in about 8 to 10 inches of snow. Note that the tire pressure is 10 and that my own foot prints are deeper than the tire depressions. Truck was able to climb a 14% incline, but did not handle side slopes where the foothold was lost.
Edit: Added image.

Attachments

Last edited:

chicklin

Hauled the deuce up to the UP yesterday. The last 50 miles it was snowing and blowing pretty good, with single digit temps... Took a few pics when I got to the shop. Thought you might all find them interesting... Note that the last 20 miles were mostly unplowed, with about 6" of fresh snow, at 45-50 mph. I thought the windows looked neat, but man did I laugh when I opened the door... No, I did not leave the windows down! :)

C
Cool pics....make that Chevy work!

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Nice gal in front of The Beast. Theres one of those in NC that needs to be put together and restored.

The M37 does nice, snow and ice for about 24 hrs, half way through it right now. Maybe a foot total. 25F out.
It maybe snows 2 or 3 times a year around this part of NC. -Jay

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks