• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

O.R.D. 4" Lift

WARWAG

Here is the difference.

75 mph
33" tires
3.08 gear ratio (stock M1009)
2352 RPMs (at 70 mph 2195 RPMs)

NOW with 4.10 gears and 35" tires:

75 MPH
35" tires
4.10 gear ratio
2952 RPMs (at 70 mph 2755 rpms)

Your engine most efficient RPM is 2200. This is where you want your average cruising speed on the highway to be turning your engine at. This will also keep your engine very happy with you and will last much longer than at 2952 RPMs.

Here is the link so you can play around with different tire sizes and gear ratios to see what your RPMs will be:

Novak Conversions - Gearing & Gearing Math for Jeeps

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the link.

What about acceleration and highway hill climbs? At present any kind of hill takes me from 65-70 to 55 tops. I'm constantly downshifting to keep up.

bushhawg73

WARWAG, I am in the process of adding the same items you have posted about. I have yet to order most of them due to my work and my truck being 1 1/2 hours away. Right now I have a DANA 60 that with the exception of the pinion gear is empty. I tore it down due to a small amount of play in the wheel bearings and I just kept getting deeper into it. The king pins needed to be replaced so I stripped it all the way down. Then I began thinking about doing away with the rear blocks and adding the shackle flip and so on. Then I found the rear brake disk brake links and wanted to do that next. It never ends. Now I can't get anything to go my way, Mr Murphey is killing me. First the parts washer died, found a pump and then a co worker left. Now I work so much it is crazy and I do not have the time to go to the shop and work on my truck. If it is possible I would really appreciate it if you could post pics and any thoughts or problems you encounter with the build. I would like to see the progress if you have the time to post up your progress and thoughts. I have been debating getting some of the parts through diy4x4 due to cost. Thanks for all your help and congrats on getting to upgrade your ride. [thumbzup]