• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 Ga Rally multimedia thread

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter

indy4x4fab

Banned
Me and mrs_indy4x4fab cant wait for next years rally, we are already planning on convoying with the Florida platoon because we will already be in Florida for our honeymoon. My grandpa lives in ocilla, GA, and says hes planning on come to the rally for one of the days (Korean war vet.).

sandcobra164

Better late than never, he's my contribution to the picture thread. I had a great time and want to especially thank Squirt Truck and Dumpster for the trail riding fun, Papabear for the opportunity to drive "Proud American" again and treating Atomic and myself as if we were his own misguided sons. Hope all of you get the chance to make it next year, I'm pretty sure I'll be contracted out for Gun Truck duty again, heck I might even check to make sure the hood latches are secure before getting in this time!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2622020266911.149193.1147324784&type=1&l=195e41093e

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JOE DIRT visits the GA Rally

O Ya and this is a picture my wife took of Gimpyrobb & Recovery4x4 fighting over who will be JOE DIRT! In the end they both became JOE DIRT....lol...Great Fun guys!

Did anyone else get a picture of JOE DIRT visiting the rally?

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, I have been working on this for awhile, I probably have a solid 6 hours invested in this.

I have collected up all the media from the entire rally and put it in one place.

ALL the images from everyone's posts here, their photobucket and facebook accounts have been put into one giant album on my photobucket account. You can send this link to any of your friends or family who want to see all the pictures but who do not have SS accounts:

11SSGR pictures by clinto1 - Photobucket

Here are ALL the videos posted to youtube:

Convoy:
Steel Soldiers VFW convoy 10/22/2011 - YouTube
Steel Soldiers convoy leaving the VFW post 10/22/2011 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/littlepumpkin42#p/a/u/1/-UmTGb2rLtc

The next one has a great shot of the convoy in full and a bunch of offroading. I think there is another convoy one out there, but I can't find it.

Steel Soldiers at Durhamtown 2011 - YouTube

The long trip up from Florida::

DSCF3599 - YouTube
DSCF3598 - YouTube
DSCF3590 - YouTube

Offroading:

Deuce and a Half Climbing a Hill - YouTube
video 2011 10 22 11 31 04 - YouTube
P1010029 - YouTube
P1010031 - YouTube
P1010032 - YouTube
P1010034 - YouTube
DSCF3690 - YouTube
DSCF3640 - YouTube
DSCF3638 - YouTube
DSCF3649 - YouTube

Joe's GamaGoat:
Gama Goat Cruising at 60 MPH - YouTube
M561 Gama Goat 0 - 60 MPH - YouTube

There are few short videos I am still working on getting onto my PB account. I will get them up there as soon as I can.

IMPORTANT:

Next year, the rally will move up one week in order to accommodate the opening weekend of dear season: Oct 10-14, 2012.

Repeat: 12SSGR: Oct. 10-14, 2012

Mark your calendars.

Next year, we break 100 vehicles or I cancel the rally! Somebody get the reel-to-reel and the Wagner and make it LOUD! :D

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moving the rally to the middle of summer? I was hoping to see moved back a week, maybe see some cool weather. Oh well and with that said, I will be staying at Mallards 1 again. I just completed my reservation for 4 days. Looking forward to anotherr wicked awesome rally.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Moving the rally to the middle of summer? I was hoping to see moved back a week, maybe see some cool weather. Oh well and with that said, I will be staying at Mallards 1 again. I just completed my reservation for 4 days. Looking forward to anotherr wicked awesome rally.
I did NOT want to move it forward, but I was faced with a number of issues, giving no good choice.

Moving it up a week risks hot(ter) weather.
Moving it back a week puts it on Halloween weekend, which many parents want to have free to enjoy with their kids and many grownups (like me) never grew out of.
Moving it back 2 weeks gets us closer to much colder evenings and the holidays.

Faced with all those, I am going to attempt 10-14 Oct. this year. If it is too hot, we will move 13SSGR to the weekend after Halloween.

Thanks

The Management :D

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was any colder this year we could have gone ice fishing at night...........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks