• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am willing to pull KP duty and help out from Friday evening until Sunday morning. Gotta be back at Charleston AFB SC for duty on Monday. Yeah I'm a new guy, but so what??!! Gotta start somewhere!!:cool:
Be careful what you wish for.......we'll get you in the MKT and work you like a rented mule.:mrgreen:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Mdmorganwife and I will probably get there in the afternoon of the 6th, we plan on bringing the wrecker, our 2 deuces and the M109 camper, gotta find a good spot for everything:) We will also be bringing another load of fire wood like last year, but, that doesn't mean nobody else needs to bring any. Looked like it would have been a small pile last year if we had not brought any, the more the better! For the others that are showing up early we will have a small fridge, a 2 burner propane stovetop and a small grill for food till the mkt shows up if anybody needs to use them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm feeling the pressure to arrive a little early now. Yikes! Hope I can get my OD tranny in the truck so I can cruise at 70.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone have an idea of how to get a good truck count without making this thread 50 pages in a hurry?

Do you mean a count like "85 vehicles expected"?

Impossible. I gave up estimating attendance levels years ago. If everyone showed up who said they were going to, we'd have 300 trucks.

The rally's attendance levels (rated in powered MV's) has grown as such:

2007: 23
2008: 27
2009: 40
2010: 75
2011: 86

So I think it's safe to estimate 85-100 powered MV's. This doesn't count trailers, equipment, etc.

I've never gotten a good count of attendees, but I think 250-300 is a safe estimate.

TadB

More so meant, maybe start an new thread separate from this one for everyone to post if they are coming and what/how many trucks they are bringing.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
More so meant, maybe start an new thread separate from this one for everyone to post if they are coming and what/how many trucks they are bringing.
PLEASE don't start another thread...for anything related to the GA Rally!! Let Clinto do that.:beer:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Like Clint said, totally unreliable.

People will have mechanical trouble, commit to doing something they know they can't, or won't do, blah blah blah. I said earlier I was bringing 6 trucks. Right now 2 are not drivable, and there is only me and the wife. So I will strive to bring 6, if I can do the repairs in time and find drivers. Or all **** could break loose and I show up in a civi truck. There is no telling. My 400 year old pecan broke in half last night, and missed all my trucks (parked all over the place) by meer feet. If it had broken and they had fallen different directions, I would only have one truck to bring that wasn't flat!

It would be more accurate to pull a random number out of thin air then rely on a thread like that for any accuracy.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some new areas that no one has run yet for those that are brave enough.....

Got some new twists on trails for those that are brave enough, not hard just SKILL required.

Please lets keep the dirty sides down...

Status
Not open for further replies.