• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have the music for Command Retreat on a disc. I'm shooting for late Saturday afternoon after we get back from the Hardball Convoy and before the steak dinner.

I need the names of those who have passed in the last few years so we can read them aloud before the flag is lowered. If anyone attending the rally has a loved one deployed to a war zone let us know and we'll read their name during the ceremony as well.

I think the folks that have never been to a Command Retreat will find it very moving.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I will work on a list of the departed. How far back are we going? This year, last year, 5 years, etc.?

What I can think of, in no order

Armyman30years+
Builder77
Ugg013
Shootiniron
Lifer
Kroctec
MVTrucker
UglyRanger
Cdubs
D8Dave
Ironhorsethegeneral
Pinz712m
Acetomatoco

Was John Winslow a member here?
Was Kevin Krunsland a member here?
Was Bruce Kalin?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
John Winslow, he may not have been a SSer, but one HE11 of a FRIEND to the MV hobby world.

Westech

CPL
Kinda humbles me to see that list. I knew a few of them. Then I start to think about what we use to chat about and the jokes we would tell in chat and pick on a few people. Meeting at events, yes sir. Humbled

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet the SS chaplain has a list of those SS's that have passed to the great MV scrapyard. I think that a reading of the names of those departed in the last year is a good idea. Of the ones I can think of(only 2) I had only met John Winslow. I may have met PB's friend , but I am not sure.:mrgreen:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have the music for Command Retreat on a disc. I'm shooting for late Saturday afternoon after we get back from the Hardball Convoy and before the steak dinner.
I need the names of those who have passed in the last few years so we can read them aloud before the flag is lowered. If anyone attending the rally has a loved one deployed to a war zone let us know and we'll read their name during the ceremony as well.
I think the folks that have never been to a Command Retreat will find it very moving.
I'm trying to envision a flag pole with halyards etc...don't remember seeing one there.

As a field expedient, I guess we could use the extendable antennae we had mounted to Troy's dump truck last year with the flag.
Anyone remember seeing it in the CAMO AO last year?

I think it goes to about 20' high and we raise/lower it with a cordless drill and could time it to the "Retreat" CD.

Sadly, I have no pics available.

Just a thought...any others?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Someone brought a flagpole (or maybe a radio mast) an few rallys ago...don't remember who but it worked great.
The pole needs to be high enough to slowly lower the flag while the music plays. Maybe 20-30 feet.
OK...I got your back Brother...go back to sleep.:roll:

You take care of the music/PA system etc., CAMO will handle the rest including the Flag, pole and the detail.:grin:

Between us all we will get it done...with honor!:grin:

I'm trying to envision a flag pole with halyards etc...don't remember seeing one there.

As a field expedient, I guess we could use the extendable antennae we had mounted to Troy's dump truck last year with the flag.
Anyone remember seeing it in the CAMO AO last year?

I think it goes to about 20' high and we raise/lower it with a cordless drill and could time it to the "Retreat" CD.

Sadly, I have no pics available.

Just a thought...any others?
One of my tailgate buddies has a 40' or 45' retractable fiberglass pole that we use to hoist flags with at tailgates. It was actually a lineman's "hot stick". At this weekend's tailgate I will ask if I can borrow it.

I also have a pretty loud PA system (4 PA's, 4 stereo speakers, & 2 subwoofers) on my truck and it works great with the aux in, CD, or radio. Unfortunately, I am still working out feedback bugs that occur when speaking through the CB mic in PA mode. Basically it would work great "as is" for music but if someone wants to talk through it then I have some bugs to work out. However, I think I can fix the feedback; I just haven't had a chance to test what I have in mind.

Last edited:

zout

WOW - waited about 20 seconds for this page to load - things just seen delayed - all cache and history always cleared and just long time for page to load !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow - reason for posting was - Ron and I are headed out to the DT battlegrounds Sat the 15 to check it out - get pumped - touch - feel - breath the air of FREEDOM and report back to ya all with some pics of the DZ - just maybe something different to be seen - maybe something duplicated - but non the less - its getting closer and another look will not kill anyone.

Just wanna get the "feel" of the land and check out the new 20.

Will try to get pics posted Sat night just to peek at and get them wishful - hopeful tingly feelings from.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please check out the new area and new showers.

Pics please!

Blythewoodjoe

Anyhow - reason for posting was - Ron and I are headed out to the DT battlegrounds Sat the 15 to check it out
A report on the new showers would be nice, like DH said. Also could you take a voltage tester and confirm if there is actually 230 volts at each of the new spots in our area. I called about that today and I was told they are all 230 volts, and I just have my douts. If they are RV plug ups, aren't all those 110 volt? Anyway I want a 230 volt plug and if I can't get it, I plan to bring my noisy welder. I had rather bring my AC powered welder.

Also could someone find out if the spots are available. I called today and I was told all but two spots have been reserved for some group. I suspect that group is us. The two not reserved are my one spot and one other an individual has. Anyway, I really want a spot with a 230 volt hook up. Also can you take a picture of the plug?

Thanks,
Joe

Blythewoodjoe

Are we going to have rat patrol on the big screen again this year?
I will bring my projector and the old films. It is also a nice PA system and that might be useful to some of you all. I will have to get a new microphone. Mine has dissapeared. I could use my daughters "barbie" mic. It's pink. The projector is also military surplus, how nice.

If anyone has a digital projector, we could set up the screen and watch some old war movies. My 16 mm will not do that. I just picked up a new Patton DVD. I love that movie.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks