• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfreeman

They have a firing range there. It would be a shame to have a firing range, and no one be allowed to bring a gun or rifle.
Uh oh, I better start packing earlier now! I am thinking about coming down a day or two earlier (Wed. or Thurs.) - depending on whether wifey will agree to drive down by herself (and my daughter) on Friday afternoon or not. Do you think it would be a problem for me to park the Expedition, trailer and Jeep at the rally site for a night or two - and sleep in the Expedition? I'll be moving to the rented camper up the road on Friday.

poppop

I am well under way with getting ready. I picked up the grits today and have been prepping the trucks. My peanut season ended earlier than usual but I put two bushels in the fresser a couple days ago. Mine will be in a cooler by the big fire for everyone to help themselves. 3dangus will have some fresh boiled ones so you can see how great they are fresh boiled. Please dont't be bashfull with my cooler as I don't want to bring any home.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey oddball did you get your jeep in your deuce?
I talked with OB today and he is a little challenged when it comes to reading a tape measure. The deuce is 2 ft higher than the loading area. He's having a roll back wrecker come on Sunday to load it.

phil2968

Well I will have to push my arrival till Sunday. It has been raining everyday after work putting a damper on my preparations. I will miss some good grub and fellowship Sat night and that's a bummer. I should arrive Sunday afternoon if all goes well. May be earlier if I can get a way real early Sunday morning.
I hope EMD made it and gets a web connection. If he does not then someone tell I will be there Sunday.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well the 62 and 819 are loaded and ready to roll out 0500 dark time tomorrow, the 819 is even draging a wheel chock

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the 62 and 819 are loaded and ready to roll out 0500 dark time tomorrow, the 819 is even draging a wheel chock
Early morning mission underway, final loading and engines warming up. Updated report once we hit the mission objective

zout

That mound that is in the South end of the field by that A frame things - I bet you could back up to it and drive it off - somewhere in previous posts I think I got a pic of it when we went out there.

zout

Brandden - seems you just picked any only place to post your introduction - By the way - glad your here. But you posted in the wrong section.

But please go back and read the rules and etiguite for posting - and posting in the proper place in the SS forum. Moderators will probably move your post and very soon recommend the very same thing.

Go to the top of the page - click on FORUM - go through the headings and there are rules there also to brief yourself on.

Whiterabbit

I am well under way with getting ready. I picked up the grits today and have been prepping the trucks. My peanut season ended earlier than usual but I put two bushels in the fresser a couple days ago. Mine will be in a cooler by the big fire for everyone to help themselves. 3dangus will have some fresh boiled ones so you can see how great they are fresh boiled. Please dont't be bashfull with my cooler as I don't want to bring any home.
How was the P'nut Fest this year? I missed it and the worlds best boiled p'nuts! I'm just down the road in Guyton and it's always fun. I'm gonn'a have to raid your cooler!

Whiterabbit

Is there anyone that has a powered spot that would rent me some power for my dog tag machine PLEASE. Up in vendor area.
I have a lil' Honda gen (EM1600X) if you really need it, I'll make room in the truck and bring it on Thursday. I'm using a lil' 12v to 110 converter. I have a big 24V / 2,000W OutBack listed in the Rally parts thread for sale. (shameless plug):D
A RANGE?!!!! DT's site only mentioned a sport'n clays rage.
Anyone that gets there early, can you post some pics of the AO? I'm tent'n and never been there and would like to see the tent area. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks