• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright, Clinto was visiting at Durhamtown and wants to know which one of you clowns already set up your camper? I don't recognize the face but the boots look familiar.

Wanna see the other pics I got today?

They'll be up soon.

C

8)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am coming in on the 5th also. But sooner than Adam(I live 75 miles closer).

broadsword71

This sounds great...Just need to figure out how to Drive the deuce and pull the 30" camper at the same time with 4 kids and the wife????? Wife doesn't like to pull anything. And I can say this....I am done with sleeping on the groud. Marine Corps pretty much ruined camping for me! LOL. lemme fret on this one...:whistle::driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This sounds great...Just need to figure out how to Drive the deuce and pull the 30" camper at the same time with 4 kids and the wife????? Wife doesn't like to pull anything. And I can say this....I am done with sleeping on the groud. Marine Corps pretty much ruined camping for me! LOL. lemme fret on this one...:whistle::driver:
1) Add hitch, drag trailer via deuce.
2) Scrap Trailer, rent cabin
3) Camp in back of truck
4) Put camper in back of deuce. 30" is not that big. (Only 2 1/2 feet)
5) Advise wife that pulling said trailer is for her benefit, No trailer, no comfort.

Edit; 6) If trailer is a 5th wheel, use converter dolly.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are some threads on that. A number of years ago I picked up a travel trailer for a TX member. He drove his M109A3 to FL to get it. We ended up bolting a pair of military composite lights to the trailer and made a pigtail for the ride home. Had no clearance lights of trailer brakes but the tow went fine. Might want to seriously consider the cabin deal.

wilfreeman

I'm in kind of the same shape - thats why I had to rent a camper. Need to get the Rv there along with the jeep on a trailer - wife won't drive the rv or pull a trailer (w/jeep). RV hitch isn't rated high enough to pull trailer w/ jeep. Only solution is to get a duece and put the jeep in the back I guess!

broadsword71

There are some threads on that. A number of years ago I picked up a travel trailer for a TX member. He drove his M109A3 to FL to get it. We ended up bolting a pair of military composite lights to the trailer and made a pigtail for the ride home. Had no clearance lights of trailer brakes but the tow went fine. Might want to seriously consider the cabin deal.
Cabin might be the way! But I was thinking about this. Never tried it, but why couldn't a guy just change the bulbs out to 24V on the trailer. Disable the clerence lights so u don't blow em and go on??? Or simply rig up a secondary set of lights run the wires over top the camper securely and go that way. The 24v park lights on the deuce are no different diameter than a 12v. Just curious???

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have changed the bulbs out and done just what you said Broad.

Another option is to put all LED lights on the camper, 75% of them now a days are omnivolt, and will handle 10-30. Then it is just a plug and go with whatever you pull it with.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is very doable as is adding multi volt LED bulbs that can run on either. Then just fab an adapter for te plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.