• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Folks keep rolling in......there are more military vehicles here than in some unit Motor Pools I've been in.

We got the MKT up and running and served a hot dog and bean supper.

Tomorrow we will have a piping hot breakfast with all the fixins.

It's hard to believe that the Rally officially starts tomorrow.

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

Holy cow, I was up until 1:00 last night packing. Why do I take so much stuff. I hope to leave here around lunch and get there by 4:00 PM. Driving a Dodge with a hideous trailer in tow. :cookoo:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning everyone. Reporting live at the GA Rally. Registration is now open although I'm going to go fetch a bite. Please make sure your truck is logged in. I will be working overtime getting names tags done.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As final preparations for the 12SSGAR are made, equipment is checked, double-checked, stowed, loaded, and secured; and vehicles are gone over with a fine-toothed comb and prepped for convoys and solo-missions alike, I'd like y'all pause for just a moment to "take a knee" and bow in prayer......

Lord,
Please be with all who are preparing as though to "assault" the Durhamtown Plantation Offroad Park with their MVs, friends, families and even some four-legged companions. God, please dispatch your angels to watch over each and every Member, participant, employee of the park, vehicle and piece of equipment as they rally for goodhearted fun and frolic. Light their paths and pave their ways as they travel the highways and trails, keeping them safe from all harm and attacks of the enemy - often times operating under the alias of "Mr. Murphy". Bless the food they partake of as good and nourishing for their bodies as well as abundant and delicious, and may the drink they consume be equally good for their hearts and souls without dangerous excess or over-indulgance. May each one be kept in Your loving care, from deployment until their safe return home.
In Jesus name we pray,
AMEN.

Vaya con Dios!

(Go with God)

As the "official" Zero Hour approaches for the Durhamtown Assault - codenamed The 12SSGAR - our prayers continue for all involved and all their activities.

Be blessed and enjoy the moment. Remember those who remain in the background at their own LZ's, unable to deploy for various reasons.

Remember to bless us with many pics, stories, rumors and propaganda.

Again....

Vaya con Dios!

(Go with God)

:grin:

Makincold

Makincold, Shrapnel, and Soldier-B are headed out, 2 hours or so and a lunch stop, see you early afternoon!
M818 w/M105 and the M1028 w/ M101A2
Our own mini convy :driver:

TMNT

I want to say thanks to SquirtTruck for and Dumpster for organizing and leading some very good trail rides.

I also want to thank everyone that was involved in getting me out of the mud tonight. Although, it was Mark's idea to pull over there and suggest that someone needed to play in the mud.

It was likely I would get stuck there, but probably not anything worse than a quick tug with a strap couldn't fix. I never thought it would take 4 trucks and five different pulls to get me out of there.

Anyway, thanks to all for the great time and for the rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.