• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like lodging will be quite a ways away. Maybe we'll want to consider a small vehicle for daily shuttles.

Also, looks like I booked as far away as possible(but closest to the old location), harrumph..

It looks like about 1/2 a mile away from the old location.

RIDDLE1

Looks like lodging will be quite a ways away. Maybe we'll want to consider a small vehicle for daily shuttles.

Also, looks like I booked as far away as possible(but closest to the old location), harrumph..

It looks like about 1/2 a mile away from the old location.
Mine is further than I thought also. Which cabin did you get? I got Kayes Keep, was there a closer one?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a new RV over by the horsepasture.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me too Kenny. I was hoping to only bring the truck(full load), but I may need to haul a trailer, to haul my GC, to haul by arse.

wilfreeman

We rented the Cougar camper - near the lodge? - we'll have the m38a1 going back and forth. I think I'll bring the bcycles so we can tour around the place and get some of that (much needed) exercise!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
btw, The last time I took the golf cart to a rally(Haspin), I flipped it, an got some sweet air with Deuce Bigandslow's boys on it. With the MX track in sight of the rally perimeter, I can foresee some fun or EMTs in store.

zout

What was that song years ago "Anticipation"

The fever is growing - seen some new pics of the battle grounds tonight and it all looks awesome - and a special thanks to DT for working with Clinto on getting this all together once again this year. Each year they keep going out of their way to help us out make the Ga Rally the SUPERIOR rally it is.

I know we plan on a couple other vehicles attempting to be there this year - just have to work this all out as there is only one of me and more steering wheels this year.

Thanks to all that head out there to get this all set up - you are appreciated.

3dAngus

WOW! That's shocking. I appreciate all you've done Clinto, as do others and don't feel any of this is of your doing. What I'm seeing is a little over 1/2 mile from the old site, if you started at the site itself, and away from EVERYthing, including showers and cabins.

I think I'll just leave the wifey at home on this one, cancel the cabin, save $300 on the two nights, come early, camp out, get crazy, and have a blast. Now I'l,l have more beer money.

Where theres a will, theres a way, and sometimes a better one.

Now, if any of you guys see a wondering and staggering gypsy who can't find his tent,

JUST POINT. Yee Hawwwww......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking, wonder if we can brew up a shower system at one of the rv spots. Has water and 30A of juice.

3dAngus

Great idea. Wish I still had my multifuel water heater now. They did this at one of the Fl. Rallys and it was a big hit. I would be willing to come early and help out if anyone has the parts we need. Drainage would be the biggest issue. It has to go in the fight spot unless the RV spot has a sewage hookup as well. Heck, even a cold shower would be well worth it just for saving the 1/2 walk to the other showers and back. No fun when carrying towels, clean clothes, etc. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Now, if any of you guys see a wondering and staggering gypsy who can't find his tent,

JUST POINT. Yee Hawwwww......
You will be no different from the rest of wondering and staggering, where you wake up in the morning is no GUARENTEE

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Ill have the first aid tent set up near the MKT . But it is easily enough moved if need be.. there will be a 3/5 red cross flag up where it can be seen.

Clinto what about the ones who are comming early is D aware of this will there be a problem?

Is cell phone coverage better? Love the wii fii.

Looking forward to seeing every one, lets make this the best year yet and as always be safe.

Attachments

poppop

This is going to be the best Rally yet. We just have a few hurdles to jump over and I am sure we can do that. Most of you were not even members when we had the first Rally in the State Park. Believe me, this is a cake walk compared to that. Durhamtown is great to us and will do anything to make us happy. Apparently they are expanding which is a good thing. Once we get this year over next year will be much better because of the new site when we can make our plans knowing where we will be. So lets just look forward to having a great time with great people. After you sample a couple of Zout's cheeries and take a couple pulls from the jug you won't care where you sleep anyway. :-D:-D:-D

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Videos:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4qyD0So_FE&feature=youtu.be[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVXtMUjsJvU&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Great job on this Clint.

Just one question...is Mike gonna remove that deralict truck shown in the last photo before we show up. I mean come on.....

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks