• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lets keep in mind that the early arrivals (which will be great) will have to plan for the main arrivals starting on Wednesday. BUT, Please coordinate the AO items with Clinto, he has the feel for what where and how much and how big. Some of us with the bigger trailers will just need a quiet corner to land and unload.

ARE WE THERE YET???????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, let me tell you all my needs. Haha! I'll be in the M1008 towing my $100 car trailer. It will have either a 9'4" or 14' cargo bed on it so I need a place to stash that. Will need a place at the entrance to set up my registration and nametag operation and a small patch of earth to peddle off my leftover wares. Anything I bring to sell, will NOT be going home with me. The possible exception is the Dualmatic deuce hubs. They are too cool to take a loss on. My plans (which often fall apart) is to be on the road Tuesday Eve and arriving as near as possible to lunch time on Wednesday.

poppop

I probably will come in Wednesday but as the time draws nearer I may not be able to stand it. We'll see how that works out. Clinto sent the Rally folding tables home with me for storage so I will have them on site at least by just after lunch on Wednesday. There are 6 of them I think. I will bring some wood but maybe not as much as years past because it looks like we will more than enough. Of course there will be boiled peanuts for all to enjoy. Instead of boiling them on site I will do the same as last year. They will be boiled at home and packed on ice in coolers. These coolers will be located at the campfire site and open to everyone so just help yourselves. I had to bring some home last year and that is not acceptable so please help yourselves. I know you Yanks are not that fond of boiled peanuts but have a few cherries and a pull from zout's jug and you will think they are great.:D I will also be cooking grits for breakfast at the MKT one morning of Mikes choosing. These grits are stone ground on an antique grits mill by a friend of mine and are as good as you will ever get. Mike, bring plenty of cheese as we found out last year even the Yankees will eat grits if you put enough cheese in them. I will also have homemade sugarcane syrup again this year for your pancakes.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Of course there will be boiled peanuts for all to enjoy.
These grits are stone ground on an antique grits mill by a friend of mine and are as good as you will ever get. Mike, bring plenty of cheese as we found out last year even the Yankees will eat grits if you put enough cheese in them.
MMMMMMMM................boiled peanuts and cheesey grits........can't get more country than that.

I'll be recreating my famos SOS breakfast gravy. Excellent topping for grits.

I'm drooling like a starving dog in a butcher shop.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I probably will come in Wednesday but as the time draws nearer I may not be able to stand it. We'll see how that works out. Clinto sent the Rally folding tables home with me for storage so I will have them on site at least by just after lunch on Wednesday. There are 6 of them I think. I will bring some wood but maybe not as much as years past because it looks like we will more than enough. Of course there will be boiled peanuts for all to enjoy. Instead of boiling them on site I will do the same as last year. They will be boiled at home and packed on ice in coolers. These coolers will be located at the campfire site and open to everyone so just help yourselves. I had to bring some home last year and that is not acceptable so please help yourselves. I know you Yanks are not that fond of boiled peanuts but have a few cherries and a pull from zout's jug and you will think they are great.:D I will also be cooking grits for breakfast at the MKT one morning of Mikes choosing. These grits are stone ground on an antique grits mill by a friend of mine and are as good as you will ever get. Mike, bring plenty of cheese as we found out last year even the Yankees will eat grits if you put enough cheese in them. I will also have homemade sugarcane syrup again this year for your pancakes.
Lloyd, if you bring an extra jar of that syrup I'll be glad to buy it!

That stuff tastes GOOD!!

poppop

PB, I always have extra and several bottles usually travel to different parts of the Country from the Rally. I will make sure you have some to take home with you.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lloyd, any morning you want to cook grits, just step right up!

Richard, I have five #10 cans of Chef-mate Country Sausage Gravy, which just takes some heating up. If you want to make some from scratch, I can get you an alarm set for 4am - you'll have to provide the rest of the ingredients.

A large block of cheese has been put on the shopping list!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
If i feel skippy i might could make a cobbler to donate to one of the meals! Maby one apple and one peach. made in my dutch ovens. I have 8 ovens so i should be able to make enough for every one.:beer:

3dAngus

I use spam as risers to lift my deuce up 4". They work pretty good.

I love peach cobbler. We are fortunate enought to live in "Peach Country" where we are surrounded by peach orchards. The next county over is Peach County, and we go there every summer when they pick the fresh peachs to a peach packing house and have their peach cobbler. It's huge, it's good, and it's the best. Never had a bad one though. LOL

Now I have an excuse to go see Tigger and meet. Maybe I can help somehow. I take instructions well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks