• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lloyd, I hope you are bringing some of your just plain peanuts as well, I am from the north.

;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making note of that request.

SWB, just plain nuts.

jw4x4

I would also like roasted p-nuts. No amount of spiked cherries or bug juice can make boiled p-nuts appealing to me. I still have a mesh bag from a previous SSGR that once contained roasted p-nuts.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all the northerners coming this year I hope Lloyd rings plenty of regular peanuts with him. I am planning on getting down there for a few days. I also hope he brings plenty of grits with him...there is some southern cooking I like!!!!!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, so far, everyone from Ohio, just plain nuts.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grits maybe hard to come by. The drought has hit the Grits trees hard, and supply is running low. We may have to import some northern grits from Canada, where they have plenty of water.:mrgreen:

poppop

jw4x4, that year was eceptional, I had some great nuts that could be roasted. It does not happen every year. I will do my best but don't get your hopes up. Now you have to understand that regular peanuts down south mean soft boiled with just the right amount of salt. You stick the proper end in you mouth and crack the shell like you do a crawdad in Lousisanna and suck out that suckulant juice, then open it up and devour the meaty parts. Whats so hard to understand about that???:-D OH, and a cooler full of beer or cheery juice really brings out the flavor.:beer:

poppop

You guys type fast. The grit trees are doing very well this year, there will be no shortage of grits at the Rally. This reminds me of the Yankee that wanted to try one grit.:-D:-D

jw4x4

Maybe some of those cajuns will make a pot of jambalaya. Now I would eat that. Definite NO on boiled p-nuts and crawdads. We use soft-craws here for bait (smallmouth bass) and I sure don't eat bait. lol

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to hear the grit trees are doing well. I just hope the bears don't climb them and pick the grits off before they're ripe.

poppop

Eric, if you remember a couple weeks ago tigger posted pictures of bears in his sweetcorn. De feels vindicated that there are bears out there.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did see Tigger's Pics. She was the first thing I thought of!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For you trivia buffs. Hawaii is the largest consumer of Spam in the U.S. They love that stuff. But then again, they love Poi. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks