• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a cj5 that weighs 1810 pounds. I want to bring it to the rally for the trails. My question is if i bring it in back of my duece, is there a way to get it off when i get there. I wont have any ramps. No im not gonna drive it off. Any idea's
Is that jeep aluminum? Never seen one that light. Unloading is easy and you don't need to drive it off at all. We use this technique for unloading all kinds of stuff from the deuce. I've even used it to remove beds and shopvan bodies. It's easy to set up and very quick and super cheap. Attach a cable to the jeep and the other end to a tree. Simply drive the deuce out from under it very quickly. The truck will be unloaded lickity split, and you won't have to worry about spine damage like you would if you drove the jeep out.

3dAngus

I think everybody should bring PB a fresh bottle of crown.

He wouldn't eat so many cherries. :shock:

(Added to my list-come see me)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a more serious note, I'm quite certain that there will be no issues offloading and loading your CJ.

mckeeranger

If not, one of the wreckers should be able to slingload it.
Let me interpret that for you:

"At the Georgia Rally we have cranes and wreckers and stuff, and we love to play with them. It would be really cool of you to let us slingload your Jeep for us. I mean for you."

That's what he was really trying to say.

Last edited:

ODDBALL007

Hey im all for the wrecker idea. As long as it comes off safe.
And pb ill still bring some crown
Kenny as far as being aluminum its says 1810 ponds on title. I was shocked to learn the weight too. Im sure its steel as aluminum dosent rust

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If EVER the 819 parts get sourced (at this point a BIG if), it will be there and be GLAD to demonstrate it's jeep load/unloading ability

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I liked the tie a rope from the Jeep to a tree and drive the deuce out from under it idea..... No spine damage is a good thing....

The tree idea is great. However, you will need to reach at least 50 mph in order for the jeep to land flat. So...... I figure you will probably need about 2 miles worth of cable. :D

If that idea falls through just find a couple of those guys who are opposed to power steering, they should be able to lift it off of there by hand.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use a nylon rope and set the parking brake on the Jeep. Nothing like that good rubber band action!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure you can find a dirt pile to back the deuce up to to unload the jeep

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope so since that is the way I would like to load/unload my ATV out of the Dodge, with the small ramps. I sure as heck hate driving it on and off with just the ramps.

unaffiliated

Break the record.

Forgot the graph.

Boys, this is the year we break 100 vehicles. 100 powered military vehicles.

And I mean it, because if we don't, I am cancelling the 2013 event. rofl
Well, that settles it. I guess I have no excuse NOT to get the CUCV road worthy for the Rally. I will try again to get Hogtruck on board too. Wreckerman, I will be in touch with you prior to event. I will gladly volunteer to help you get all your chit packed up on Sunday to head back to our neck of the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks