• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we have power and a screen I can bring a laptop and projector for DVD movies. Or I can play a move till the battery runs out on the computer! For that matter a white sheet mounted on the site of "The Pride" will be a great movie screen.

RAT PATROL!!!

If we have wireless we can look at you tube vids :beer:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rat Patrol Opening Theme

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcbifYqpGc[/media]

The guys look a bit too clean to be living and fighting in the desert but h3ll it is Hollywood.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I appreciate a good flick from time to time, I'd rather be burning something or breaking something that belongs to someone else. After all, this is a rally, right?

Blythewoodjoe

OK, I have a few things I need to share.

First off, I usually plan big and deliver small. I hope to chance that one day before I die. But for now I am suffering from the three "B"s of the small business owner. They are: Broke, busy and behind. All three at once too. So I have had to cut back on my plans. We had talked about a shower at the site but I don't have the time or money to do much with that. I will bring a box of plumbing stuff, hose and pipe and if we can rig something up, we will. If anybody has any ideas on hot water, that will be the hard part.

The things I plan to bring for sure are:
My light pole
Lots of drop cords (although we probably don't need them)
16mm projector/PA system
Gas air compressor
Tire hammer

I want some thoughts on how appropriate it would be for me to bring a vehicle that doesn't run and work on it at the ralley. If someone has an all wheel drive truck there, I would like to unload it and weld, cut, grind, heat, bend and loosen stuff on it. What do you guys think? I don't want to make too much noice or get on anybodies nerves. I just figured I could get around to doing something productive with one of my projects.

Also, I can throw the kitchen tent in the truck if we think it would be nice to set up. It black's out pretty good for movies at any hour. I would need help getting it back in the truck Sunday morning.

More to follow when I think of it.
Joe

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe,

I'm gonna be bringing the new M1031 I just picked up. You and anybody else is more than welcome to use the welder and air compressor in the truck if you don't wanna lug your stuff around.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We had talked about a shower at the site but I don't have the time or money to do much with that. I will bring a box of plumbing stuff, hose and pipe and if we can rig something up, we will. If anybody has any ideas on hot water, that will be the hard part.
That's no problem on the showers, it appears D-town has upgraded their facilities, so we should be good.

But I'll tell you what you can help us with........... :cool:

The MKT crew needs a way to pipe the waste water from dish washing and hand cleaning stations away from their area so it doesn't become a mud pit. Can you touch base with SCSG-G4 and devise a plan?

The things I plan to bring for sure are:
My light pole
Lots of drop cords (although we probably don't need them)
16mm projector/PA system
Gas air compressor
Tire hammer
The lights will definitely come in handy.

I want some thoughts on how appropriate it would be for me to bring a vehicle that doesn't run and work on it at the ralley. If someone has an all wheel drive truck there, I would like to unload it and weld, cut, grind, heat, bend and loosen stuff on it. What do you guys think? I don't want to make too much noice or get on anybodies nerves. I just figured I could get around to doing something productive with one of my projects.
Bring it. I don't think anyone is going to mind, as long as you are respectful of early mornings and late evenings.

Also, I can throw the kitchen tent in the truck if we think it would be nice to set up. It black's out pretty good for movies at any hour. I would need help getting it back in the truck Sunday morning.
I don't think you'd have a hard time finding help.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we have multiple items to drain, maybe we can shorthose them into a drum and use a single longer hose for that.

zout

DH - roger that on the pics of the new shower facilities so everyone can get their bearings straight.

If the camping sites in that area for elec are all taken all I can say if if ya pre-paid and you think you have one - you might wanna call back up after Ron and I leave cause money talks and BS walks - I may make them a CHERRY offer they cannot refuse - we may wind up with some pretty nice spots PB :doghead:.

109 can handle 30&50 amp both with our holding tank its no problem (excuse the pun) Holding it. And use the waste dump stations when we leave & wash out the tank.

Clinto had a great video a few posts back - but we will try to get some approach pics of the new area - walk around of the new area - bathing facilities - kind of a directional layout back to the lodge.

Just want to GTH away from here and just get away - and what a better place to go get excited about (and lay out a few trip wire traps and mines).
Plus Ron's going with me so I will stay out of trouble.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some small things I need to do to the M814"Long Easy". I am planning to do them during the 1st weekend, and early part of the week, before everyone gets there.
Plus Ferro will be there, and he can't stand to watch someone else turn wrenches..........:tinkerbell:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can watch work all day long! Can I be the job supervisor! Just need my chair, umbrella and cooler close at hand.
I can be your assistant Phil. Sometimes you get tired watching people work and need a break. :beer:

zout

Will post all the pics in a batch after this thread - will try to describe the best I can of the awesome field Clinto has picked out for the rally.
I am just more of a visual person and kind of like to know what I am walking into - so - therefore Ron decided to ride out there with me (risking his life riding with me) and have a great afternoon together to check out and just get more excited of what we are in store for .

I do not know what Clinto - Recovery - WM - Mike all have in store an planned at this time and really it is non of my business as I am only a spectator - its CLINTO's rally so my hats off to ya fella - but here is a viewpoint of what we saw an discussed.

If you are coming up from I20 - you will get to the BOMBER area on your right before you get to the registration office. If you remember the huge jumping mounds on the left as you come up - our area is just before this on your right.

SO - all ya yankee's coming from the North to the South (could not help my self) you will go by the registration lodge on your left at this time - go 7/10/s of a mile more and you will see this BIG ARSE RED BARN that has BOMBER on it - turn to the left into that drive and the grounds are directly on the right.

Either way - the rally grounds are right off the main road and you cannot miss them unless you have a really cool CAMO job done parking in the field.

So pics of going into that driveway - and going just a tad bit further and looking back into the lower area with all the tree's in it. We met Mike and he said they had plans to manacure like the horse field - I believe him.

I rented R/V area 11 & 12 which are the farthest down on the left as you drive in and head to the ROOF laying in the backside of the field - These are 50 amp plugs and water (do not worry about blowing your water lines apart in your campers) But the water taste really good.

As you turn into the field - 12 power and water lines down that side
As you turn into the field to your immediate right - a short strand of water and power there as well.

Its up to MIke and you fellas - but area 8 would be an idea area for the MKT - with shade from the afternoon sun - flat land - water - power and really a non camping area directly behind this to run the drain - Mike - its maybe a 30 ft run to the lip of the hill and then its a great angle to drain away - just saying.

Those that wanted showers and toilets. Standing on the main road looking at the lodge - the old bathhouse was up the drive to the right - same as the new one and almost next to it with a double wide - pics of womens and mens showers and toilets facilites for ya - never ever ever ever go in to a ladies area with YELLING FIRST - now ya tell me Ron. These are awesome shower areas.

Suggestion - bring something to get in out of the sun with.

Great job Clinto - lots and lots and lots of flat land on top - those that want a little tree cover - its here for ya to to rough camp.

Any questions on the pics ask away. Gotta get back to the pig Ron and I are cooking -

zout

Pics

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks