• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

pics

Attachments

zout

PB - coming into that field and headed down the left side toward that A frame thingy Ron is going to camp in - the last 2 power & water RV outlets on that side are 11 & 12 - these two are PAID IN FULL from the 7th to the 14th for Deb and I and CAMO group. That back circle area is a great area to stay out of the way - and give enough room for turn around for CAMO gear coming in in usual display as they do.

We should have a van there with a trailer with Debs M38A1 in tow for parking area as well. - folks that tent camp'd around Neil - and us last year back in behind us to stay safe - great area to do so (just saying) - Neil if ya need power and water you might want to get slot 10. If you have your reducer plug to drop from 50 to 30 would work great - or you can borrow ours.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which one of you two knew your right from your left?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When we went to take pics of the lady's side, I shouted "close you eyes ladys, we are coming in"

As far as the V roof thing, I am claiming it as my temp headquarters

There is a lot of room, both in the field and down in the trees,

Had a great time, thanks Dave

Attachments

jw4x4

The first pic of the shower house- FIRST time I have ever seen cutting boards built in to the bathroom countertops. That is kinda scary. Now that I think about it, would be a great place to clean some fresh caught fish.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks to be a good ways away from the old site, just when I thought we were set with bringing a 5th wheel this year it gets moved....

Vinny
It is about 3500 feet from the old place. All we've done is moved a block.

There is plenty of room for a 5th wheel-in fact, much more than last year and much easier to maneuver.

sandcobra164

Info, PB, I may not be able to meet at lunch. I've got to be with the wife and kids to run some tests as they call them. I'm more interested now in towbaring a jeep behind the CuCv. I'll come pick it up from the compound, just place it somewhere easy for me to hook to it. I may get there a little later in the day but I'll be sure to get there and I'll call if I run into problems. Sarge needs a good road trip anyhow. He can tow a M105 with no problems, he can handle a jeep. If it make's you more comfortable, I can tow it with the Deuce. Let me know. I'd almost rather drive the Deuce and ensure I over did it!!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Info, PB, I may not be able to meet at lunch. I've got to be with the wife and kids to run some tests as they call them. I'm more interested now in towbaring a jeep behind the CuCv. I'll come pick it up from the compound, just place it somewhere easy for me to hook to it. I may get there a little later in the day but I'll be sure to get there and I'll call if I run into problems. Sarge needs a good road trip anyhow. He can tow a M105 with no problems, he can handle a jeep. If it make's you more comfortable, I can tow it with the Deuce. Let me know. I'd almost rather drive the Deuce and ensure I over did it!!!!
Thanks Sandcobra but we aren't gonna tow bar anything up. If we can't drive/haul it then it stays back.

Don't worry Sir...take care of the wife/kids FIRST...we will be fine, then just come on up when ya can...no need to rush things.:beer:

zout

Just saying - there is just a lot more flat level ground without folks having to camp on a tilted surface - chit running down hill - etc etc etc. Bring cover if your planning on being in the open field - or not.

As far as the 5th wheel camper - this is the perfect area honestly.
The old is gone and there are already permanent residence trailers on the properly and it looks 1,000 times worse since last year - all overgrown.

IF - you call them and inquire to pay for the water/power areas seems the row to the left along the treeline is gone/rented.

The row faceing the main drivein were all open and non rented we we saw the list.
BUT - when you call them ask for Donna as she spent time to listen - we were first told all the area was taken several times till we explained its just held for SS and not all rented - then we got the two spaces paid for we did #11 #12.

I think vendors are going to have a better time setting up here as well and better display. Besides we are right off the main drive in road and everyone will be able to see us - there will be no missing they did not see Military Trucks.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a much larger field to hold the Ga rally operations in. The old field was getting cramped when everybody was in there- I had a hard time last year finding enough room to turn the 814 around without backing up. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think you would be hard pressed to turn it around without backing up just about anywhere...except maybe a football field:p

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It is a much larger field to hold the Ga rally operations in. The old field was getting cramped when everybody was in there- I had a hard time last year finding enough room to turn the 814 around without backing up. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!
Maybe some a$$^**@ had a tractor/trailer parked in the way?:shock::doghead:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it wasn't the landall loadall. I would head into that corner of the field where Joe trapp was set up, and the folks from Tn(the guy that spent all night with zout and pig).along with that tree, it was quite tight getting the Long Easy swung around. I hate to back when there are folks about- People just don't pay attn. to what is going on around them.2cents

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Bill the guy I work with has a old car he takes to the car show every sat. and he talked me into bringing the jeep yesterday and I got 1st place in the military catigory! That is Bills car next to the jeep!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.