• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If all goes as planned I'll have the cab plate and legs for my M66 ring mount on this weekend.
If I bring the ring can someone with a wrecker use the boom to lift the ring into place?
I arrive sometime Thursday and leave Sunday
Thanks![/QUOUTE With 3 wreckers, I am not sure that we can make that happen. When you arrive, please take a number. We might get to you Sunday afternoon.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MD Morgan has arrived safely at the rally. Just how many rallys do you know that have three wreckers in attendance.:doghead:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have both of my trucks at home to start loading. Finished squirting some grease in all the zerks. The M36 does not want to go when first rolling, maxes out at 2300 rpm on level ground till it goes about eight miles then will get up to 2400. Shop van was following me and never dropped out of fifth gear, wile I was downshifting on every hill (it did run in fourth, but the first couple of times dropped down to 2100, by the last hill on the way home it could keep 2300 in 4th and that's a long hill). I still need a driver for the second vehicle so I can get everything to the rally. PM me if you are available. (Lexington, SC to the Rally and return on Oct 14 as soon as we can get packed up.)

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
The tan one rolled off the hill and ran thru the house accrost the street. we told the police we dont know who it belongs to![thumbzup]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Attention Advance Party.....remember that the MKT needs plenty of space since there are two trucks and trailers.

Also.............I am pulling a 32 foot trailer with a 31 foot truck (M927) using a converter dolly. I will not be able to back up more that a few feet. Please make sure there is an area I can pull into with an egress route ahead of me.
The Boss Lady will be following me in the big Dodge dually with a 28 foot gooseneck.

Remember.....SHE HAS THE COOKIES!!!!!!!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Shop Van (pantry) needs to be hooked to the cooking MKT, while the wash station MKT (the FSC) needs to be back to back with the cooking trailer to make things work. Other truck can be unhooked and parked elsewhere close by.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Since I have been (self) appointed as the official Liaison for Instruction And Recreation (LIAR) for the rally and we are fast approaching liftoff I am posting some of the acts and seminars I have arranged for your edification and enjoyment.

Friday night will see the return of Buster Hyman and the Cherry Poppers playing oldie favorites and their one hit wonder “She Was Only a Moonshiners Daughter but She Made Me Likker All Night”. Buster and his group are the House Band at the Cut and Slice Saloon and Coon Dog Emporium in Rooster Poot, Ga.

Saturday night is Steak Night and dinner will be accompanied by Howie Phartz and the Windbreakers. This year they have a new hit, “I Used to Love a Farmer’s Daughter Until She Sent Me a John Deere Letter”.

Unfortunately 1970’s Femme Fatele and exotic dancer Ophelia Harden will not be able to attend this year. She said she had a bad experience last year after eating some cherries. She said something about being accosted in the woods by a “drunken bear” and waking up with her underwear on backwards.

In addition to the fun we will also have several instructional programs on the agenda.

Friday morning SS member Seymour Butts will present “How to inspect your troop seats while underway”.

After lunch Friday we will hear about a 2000 mile journey made in a deuce with a box seat by SS member “Stoneballs” Jackson.

One of our new members, Jim Nayseum, has volunteered to lead Physical Fitness training every morning at 0530. He said he would blow Reveille to get everyone up and motivated. Please accept Jim’s offer in the spirit it is intended. Let’s keep the death threats to minimum.

For those of you who use MV’s as a tax write off there will be a seminar on setting up an LLC for tax purposes. A representative from the accounting firm of Dewey, Cheatum and Howe will be set up in the Mess Tent on Saturday. Mr. Howe was scheduled to be here but is still in Federal Prison on a “matter not related to finances”.

This year will be a repeat of the seminar on “How to color coordinate your wardrobe to your MV. This will be conducted by our “alternative lifestyle” couple Phil McCrackin and his life partner Ben Dover. Look for them in their “Chartreuse Deuce”.

When asked what to expect Phil remarked “When Benny brought that brute deuce home I almost swooned at the sized of it. I thought ‘what would the neighbors think’. Then I remembered they’re just a bunch of ruffians that steal my panties off the clothesline at night. Anyway…..I figured as long as we had to ride around in that thing we might as well be stylish”.

There you have it folks……if I can arrange more I will post it later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.