• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the phone with Amanda at Durhamtown, site confirmed! Now I have to try and get 2 weeks worth of work done along with a full time job!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more thing. If you have reservations with durhamtown. You better call and confirm. They like to double book and misbook..I jus confirmed mine
Would this be more about campsites or cabins? Not heard of this. We've had Mallards 1 since 2008.

TMNT

With a bunch of help from my brother, wife, kids, and several others, the household is mostly moved. Betty is ready to roll and my camping gear is ready.

I had planned to be at the rally from Sunday to Sunday but work is in the way now. I have to be in Ft. Lauderdale on the 8th and 9th. I'll load up the truck with the gear, firewood, food, tools, parts, etc. on Monday before I leave for Florida. I'm catching a flight back to Atlanta Wednesday evening and rolling out for the rally early Thursday. I should be there about 10:00.

I hope. I hope.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bring oxygen. There is very little left in the air with this 105% humidity we've been having!

zout

So the owner calls me on the phone and tells me - what week are you taking off ???? AH - You know the two test demo Hydrogen systems are getting installed onto two trucks that Fri morning before you leave ??? AH YEAH and - who is going to be monitoring them while your gone ??? ahhhhhh - the other end of the spectrum is - we are testing these for 60 frickin days - will it really matter one week - their still free demo and free install - you loose nothing. But when I come back cause I am STILL LEAVING we'll giver er ell and make sure they do what they are proposing - over 17% increase in fuel mileage to start on base average. (still going to the rally) but it was funny.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has our Chaplain in Residence used his influence with the Almighty Commander-in-Chief to make sure we have pleasent weather again this year? We need to cover all bases.

If you will all join me in prayer that ALL the rain clouds will gather over our moisture-deprived west Texas... particularly during the dates of the GA Rally, we can harvest a two-fold blessing for filling our lakes and aquifers while simultaneously parting the clouds and keeping Durhamtown appropriately on drier ground, with just enough mud holes for great off-roading challenges. Lord, hear our prayers. AMEN.

zout

Nice move on protecting your rear end there Chaplin. Very tactful.
You know there is as much water on the Earth now as when it was made - ??? Its just not in Texas.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice move on protecting your rear end there Chaplin. Very tactful.
You know there is as much water on the Earth now as when it was made - ??? Its just not in Texas.
Roger that!
We were blessed some last week with 3-1/4" of rain in our gauge while Dianna and I were out of town for her grandmother's funeral. The dogs and cats told us all about how the rain wet out yard when we got home.

Unfortunately, with the ground around here being so dry very little runoff made it to our lakes.
Current lake levels are:
Name
Capacity
Current Volume
Percent Full
(Acre feet)
(Acre feet)
Twin Buttes
7.95%
O.C. Fisher
2.46%
O.H. Ivie
25.27%
E.V. Spence
5.75%
Oak Creek
32.13%
Lake Nasworthy
69.99%
(Lake Nasworthy is a "constant level" lake formerly the cooling pond for the now-closed gas-driven electric powerplant.)
Even Nasworthy (aka: Nasty Water) is LOW, and below it's required level to cool the powerplant if it was still running.

So I will restate....

LORD,
WE NEEEEED THE RAIN. ...and Durhamtown don't.
AMEN.

Last edited:

zout

I will head out tonight just for you TX folk and do my naked Indian Rain Dance ceremony - hope ya all stop yipping after your in a monsoon while we're all enjoying the rally. Or ya could all just come over here.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If you will all join me in prayer that ALL the rain clouds will gather over our moisture-deprived west Texas... particularly during the dates of the GA Rally, we can harvest a two-fold blessing for filling our lakes and aquifers while simultaneously parting the clouds and keeping Durhamtown appropriately on drier ground, with just enough mud holes for great off-roading challenges. Lord, hear our prayers. AMEN.
Amen! Brother.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the owner calls me on the phone and tells me - what week are you taking off ???? AH - You know the two test demo Hydrogen systems are getting installed onto two trucks that Fri morning before you leave ??? AH YEAH and - who is going to be monitoring them while your gone ??? ahhhhhh - the other end of the spectrum is - we are testing these for 60 frickin days - will it really matter one week - their still free demo and free install - you loose nothing. But when I come back cause I am STILL LEAVING we'll giver er ell and make sure they do what they are proposing - over 17% increase in fuel mileage to start on base average. (still going to the rally) but it was funny.
Hey Comander. Just tell them you are going to install one of those Hydrogen thingamagigees on your truck and give it personal attention. Case closed!!!!

zout

I ordered a tire from military off road tires in Dawsonville over 3 weeks ago - the next day I had a driver run by with funds and was told all the tires were sold that were there the day before. I was told more tires would be in and driver sent on his route to pick it up and dropped of full payment for the tire - no tire - was told someone sold them all the day before (Goodyear AT-2 1400 x20) sent today when told the tire was due in again - no tire again.

Driver was told tire will be there tomorrow - this is my spare tire to get mounted before heading to the rally and I am absolutely SORRY I dealt with this tire dealer. I understand there is personal problems going on but this has absolutely nothing to do with BUSINESS.

If our driver gets by there tomorrow by any chance I will either have him get a tire if its FINALLY IN or get my funds back and get a tire from someone at the rally - meaning driving out there without a spare witch I really do not want to do.

Sorry I dealt with this dealer - Fella from adjourning state could have shipped it to me by now and I would have had it in place.

zout

Will anyone at the Rally have at least an 80% tread Goodyear AT2 1400x20 tire for sale. If one will not be there for sale I do not feel good about running without a spare sorry to say.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will anyone at the Rally have at least an 80% tread Goodyear AT2 1400x20 tire for sale. If one will not be there for sale I do not feel good about running without a spare sorry to say.
Dave,
They aren't Goodyear AT2's but I have four NDCC 1400 x 20's, never been mounted on rims, that need a new home - pics in the buy/sell/trade thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.