• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Thanks Mike and its appreciated. All the tires are the Goodyear and I would not want to do any swapping - on post #658 it has cost me an additional $65 to have our driver re-routed to get that single tire for both dead trips now.

I know I will not run without a spare mounted up in the holder.

I pulled the new spare and put it on the RF that had been flat so many times and it had a cut in the surface below the tread and leaked. I have the tire off the rim and ready to mount up another - I have been trying to get this tire now for 3 frickin weeks.

zout

I just called up there an the tires came in this morning I guess - we do not run that way everyday - as the other two times I paid the driver to run out of route for me. WIll have to do this again I guess - by the time I am done I should have just bought a new tire.

I will let you know later this afternoon PB and the offer is most gracious and appreciated.

Edit to this post: I paid a driver to go get the tire and he's on his way back with it - should have just bought a new tire instead - lesson learned.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more thing. If you have reservations with durhamtown. You better call and confirm. They like to double book and misbook..I jus confirmed mine
Sent an email in reference to this and they confirmed that my rez is as snug as a bug in the rug.

Spicy

Well I'm starting to worry that pink will not be ready. I dropped her with the mechanic on Tuesday. She has a diesel leak nothing big. He was suppose to look at her today, but he did not. I screwed up and told him I had ten days. He says he will get to her Monday, so we will see. I still need to go get tires on her. So I'm praying I have not shot myself in the foot. She still is running great. I'm just hope he will not drag his feet.

poppop

squeaky wheel gets the grease. Call him a couple times a day to ask about the truck and I bet he gets it done just to be rid of you. I learned long ago don't tell them you are not in a hurry to get it done.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I originally booked my cabin on 10/12 right after the last rally. I have reconfirmed twice and did again today. Interestingly enough, I asked them if they wanted the confirmation number I received when booking and she said "I can't use that since it doesn't mean anything to us" Gives me the highest level of confidence a person could have.
:confused:

Spicy

squeaky wheel gets the grease. Call him a couple times a day to ask about the truck and I bet he gets it done just to be rid of you. I learned long ago don't tell them you are not in a hurry to get it done.
I have actaully done that once to him. I put my car back together but did not fix the problem. And for not talk to me for week. Trust me come Monday at 1300 if he has not look at it. I will be bring her anyways. If sure there mechanic that fix it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I originally booked my cabin on 10/12 right after the last rally. I have reconfirmed twice and did again today. Interestingly enough, I asked them if they wanted the confirmation number I received when booking and she said "I can't use that since it doesn't mean anything to us" Gives me the highest level of confidence a person could have.
:confused:
Their system uses an outside host for online booking. The folks at the desk transpose all that to a paper file system. Hope that helps.

Well I'm starting to worry that pink will not be ready. I dropped her with the mechanic on Tuesday. She has a diesel leak nothing big. He was suppose to look at her today, but he did not. I screwed up and told him I had ten days. He says he will get to her Monday, so we will see. I still need to go get tires on her. So I'm praying I have not shot myself in the foot. She still is running great. I'm just hope he will not drag his feet.
Where is this fuel leak Jonette? Under the hood? Under truck? Near fuel tank? This info can help get an idea or eliminate some things.

Spicy

Where is this fuel leak Jonette? Under the hood? Under truck? Near fuel tank? This info can help get an idea or eliminate some things.[/QUOTE]

It coming from the under the truck. I believe it just an O ring.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Middle is likely a fuel filter base. If you don't get it fixed by the rally, we can probably work a fix for it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What's the earliest a person can show up at the rally? I was thinking about getting away a bit early.
If you want to pay Durhamtown's primitive camping fees (or rent a cabin/rv), then yes; you can show up tomorrow.

I think any time after Saturday October 5th would be ok, as there will be others there by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.