• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Multimedia SSGR14 thread

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the end of the convoy turning into the BBQ parking lot, I did not see Tailgate Charley, so I tracked back to see what had happened.

One flat tire, the only spot of bother in the convoy. The driver and the kids in the back did not lose their good mood and the tire had been already replaced when I arrived on the spot.

2014 GA Rally_426_0.jpg2014 GA Rally_427_0.jpg

:tank: :recovry4x4:

2014 GA Rally_431_0.jpg2014 GA Rally_443c_0.jpg

The work done, the trip continues to the BBQ with Andy closing the line again. A convoy of one ahead of him, but the system works good.
[thumbzup]

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The BBQ at Heavy's Bar-B-Q was good, but with so many people, waiting times were long.

2014 GA Rally_473.jpg2014 GA Rally_444_0.jpg2014 GA Rally_446_0.jpg2014 GA Rally_477.jpg
2014 GA Rally_488.jpg

Some more pics from the parking lot

2014 GA Rally_450c.jpg2014 GA Rally_468.jpg2014 GA Rally_470.jpg2014 GA Rally_465c.jpg2014 GA Rally_448c.jpg

FYI Picture numbers are not always chronological in shooting time because I first numbered them all and then decided that I wanted a non-chronological order that made more sense.

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The green that made and kept America

This warrants its own post.

Two same-color machine's that made America.

2014 GA Rally_461_0.jpg

The typical green John Deere tractor in front of of the Army green. John Deer ploughs were instrumental in opening up and settling the prairie states of America. The old East-coast and European-style plows got stuck in the tough prairie grass. John Deer came with the invention of the special steel plow in 1837. Since then, John Deer (watch the video in the article) has become and stayed a major name in farming implements. The green tractors are a recognizable brand in itself throughout the world. John Deer helped to make America great, its army helped make sure it stayed that way.

2014 GA Rally_463.jpg
Close-up of the John Deere. Probably a 1939 or early war model H "tricycle" tractor.

2014 GA Rally_454.jpg
Sorry for the Reds; they are but a footnote in history. :clinto::naner::beer:

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those rear wheels, I am not sure that they are original for a model H. Seems to be necessary for the ground work in that region since the other tractor and some of the other equipment have steel wheels as well.
2014 GA Rally_460.jpg

The front wheels of the H should have rubber; it has the typical form to accept the rubber tires.
2014 GA Rally_463-wheel.jpg

Those of the other tractor seems to be steel-only design as the rear wheels; completely flat surface with no possibilities to hold a rubber tire'.
2014 GA Rally_462-wheel.jpg

Mind you, such a narrow steel front wheel would not be very helpful in bad terrain, rubber tires that have a wider contact surface would do better.

rebelqwes87

I think (don't quote me on this) that those older models had the option of steel or rubber tires. Maybe a combination was used for a specific reason on that H, or it was all they had lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks