• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Has anybody made a recon of the site of the FOB R I would like to know if my command tee pee is still standing and if my roof stove pipe is unmolested. Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Has anybody made a recon of the site of the FOB R I would like to know if my command tee pee is still standing and if my roof stove pipe is unmolested. Thanks
Haven't had a chance to go out there to do the recon. Gonna' do it soon.
Plan is to go out there one day this week.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK all you fine folks out there. We are in single digits now. 9 days to go. If your truck has no oil pressure, its time to get busy. Otherwise, start packing. If you haven't started saving, here are the sobering facts. If you save $100 a day, you will have a decent rally but, there will be lots of folks with more front pocket money than you are bringing. If you can save $5 a day, you will almost have enough to eat. Here is thr good news. Plenty of work to do at the MKT. I would guess that anyone who showed up with empty pockets and a desire to serve others would likely eat like a king. Lets go, have fun, volunteer a little of your time so others can have fun too. 9 days.

michigandon

NO !!!!! You gotta make it dude!!! With wife!!! Couldn't find a better time for twice the price!!!!
Oh, I am still planning on coming as of right now. But the Mrs couldn't get the time off work, so I'm planning on hauling the M101a3 down and camping in it in the field, not unlike I did at Denton this spring.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
My crew should be arriving mid-afternoon on Wednesday.:drool:

I only get to "let my hair down" and play instead of "leaning forward" and being a grown up a couple times a year. Up there I can let loose and still be in contact with the real world by phone and internet....but they can't see what I'm REALLY doing.:beer:

(OK...I lied about the hair):roll:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is a Rally pic from 10/11/13 I just threw threw some stuff in the back of my Toyota and drove down GR13.jpg look for the sign to find me, Wed mid day

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
8 days to go folks, 3 for others. Time to staple up all your open wounds, grab a transfusion, pillage the spouses bank account and get the truck loaded. Bring coolers and sustainables, ice is sold reasonably on premise. Don't forget charging devices. Phone batteries that last a day won't make lunch out there. Remember, your first stop once at the rally field is the registration desk. Get signed in a d let the fun begin.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting closer to being ready. Got the trailer loaded, and discovered a problem with the lights. Seems it was another GL Forklift blunder. One of the forks caught the cable in the frame rail. Will get it spliced up, and proceed with loading the truck. Also noticed severe dry rot on the tires; "borrowed" some decent ones of the genset trailer, and swapped them out.

Attachments

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting closer to being ready. Got the trailer loaded, and discovered a problem with the lights. Seems it was another GL Forklift blunder. One of the forks caught the cable in the frame rail. Will get it spliced up, and proceed with loading the truck. Also noticed severe dry rot on the tires; "borrowed" some decent ones of the genset trailer, and swapped them out.
Your not dragging the mobile condo this year!?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this time next week, the opening ceremonies will be underway. In short, I'll be waking up to open up the RT. Some of us (not me) are loaded and getting ready to head out for a Friday arrival.

Friendly reminders that everyone is tired of hearing.
1) First stop at rally field is the RT, (registration tent)
2) Vendors only will be driving on the swap meet field and this needs to be minimalized.
3) Make yourself easy to find if you have pre arranged deals. Identify your AO.
4) Close your deals. If you can't, have the courtesy of notifying the seller.

The registration tent staff will do everything it can to get you acclimated and answer your questions. Be prepared to fill out a waiver, answer a question or 2 and sign in on a guest book.

Now, lets have a blast.

One more thing, bring firewood if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
At this time next week, the opening ceremonies will be underway. In short, I'll be waking up to open up the RT. Some of us (not me) are loaded and getting ready to head out for a Friday arrival.

Friendly reminders that everyone is tired of hearing.
1) First stop at rally field is the RT
2) Vendors only will be driving on the swap meet field and this needs to be minimalized.
3) Make yourself easy to find if you have pre arranged deals. Identify your AO.
4) Close your deals. If you can't, have the courtesy of notifying the seller.

The registration tent staff will do everything it can to get you acclimated and answer your questions. Be prepared to fill out a waiver, answer a question or 2 and sign in on a guest book.

Now, lets have a blast.
One more thing, bring firewood if you can.
Question 1, What is your name?
Question 2. What is your favorite color?
Question 3. What is the unladen weight of an English Barn Swallow?:recovry4x4:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chase coker
Green (duh)
16–22 g (0.56–0.78 oz)

Do we need to display our username on our vehicles or person?
The registration tent will provide you with a name tag. If you have any deals working with folks, it sure makes it easier when they can find you. They are not a requirement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks