• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I think Gimpy put a mag run-flat in the back of my 5-ton for just such an occasion.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I think Gimpy put a mag run-flat in the back of my 5-ton for just such an occasion.
I also have some gimpy toys. All the marine flares and smoke markers have expired, so I will let Gimpy safely dispose of them in an unproved manner.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting close folks. Make your last minute preps. My truck is still parked with the oil pan off. Still not found the problem but will button it up with new oil pump and hope for the best. Lets pray that this storm makea a hard right and bugs out quickly.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm almost ready. I have one of the wheels off my A3 replacing the O-ring and valve stem grommet. A real pain. The valve stem was so badly corroded I had to replace it with my only spare one. Unscrewing the brass nut twisted off the threads on the fitting. The other end was paper-thin. :grin:

AMGeneral

Ok folks,

It looks as if the M62A1 wrecker will be making it's first rally appearance,as I have to deliver a M322 LT trailer there for pickup.

13 days to get it ready!

I love pressure.

sandcobra164

Copying some comedians from earlier. Cabin rented, order of march sorted out, things to buy list complete, family plans in order to ensure my group will be there. All of that is a resounding "GO". Whoops, my injection pump on my 5 ton decided to act silly and give my NHC 250 a Pre Rally engine flush! So thankful for that little bug to surface locally and not on the way there or home. I am going to toss out an olive branch though. I know that in my early years in the hobby, I would take my family to another members cabin to take a shower as it comes in handy when you are sleeping with your family and roughing it in a tent. I've been a cabin dweller the past few years and life has been good with my better half. If you decide to rough it out in a tent, bring a shower kit and a towel. They have a shower house but ladies tend to want privacy. My cabin will be an alternative to that. The only thing I ask is you leave it at least as good as you found it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, it looks like I will finally have the light switch decals at the rally. They are being printed now so hopefully delivered on time.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, we are about 9 days out. Less for some, more for others. First let me say this, I've just relocated my life. If anyone is expecting any parts from me, take the time and send me a reminder. I'm doing my best.

Rally, your registration tent will be operational no later than Wed AM but likely Tuesday afternoon. Once operational, please stop by for your name tag. We are not counting vehicle but will have a guest book to enter your info. Not sure when Durhamtown staff will arrive to collect their funds.

Waivers- yup, we need them. Clinto is trying to streamline them where drpendants can be added to the back of the guardians waiver.

Vendors only will be driving in the vendors field unless you have a pickuo to make. We've kept it safe for 9 years, lets continue.

Purchases, the buy, sell and trade thread has been really hopping. Vendors and everyone buying and selling, put your scrern name up at your AO so folks can find you. This is just common sense. Lots of folks have committed to purchases. Please follow through with your commitments. If your situation has changed, have the common courtesy to notify the seller in advance.

Lets have a blast and make this the best rally ever.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Waivers- yup, we need them. Clinto is trying to streamline them where drpendants can be added to the back of the guardians waiver.
My business partner has an appointment with the rally attorney this week to see what we can do about this.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They have wash bays for ATVs, I'm guessing we can find something. You up to staining all your new components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks