• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also is anyone heading in from Ferro's area with a empty 5th wheel? I'd like to see if the M270 could make it to the rally.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Was that an offer to pay for fuel?
This is Steel Soldiers. Aren't you making your own witches brew of homegrown fuel, consisting of but not limited to used motor oil, used transmission fluid, diesel (taxed and untaxed), gasoline, 2 stroke engine oil/gas, surplus toilet bowl cleaner, obsolete transformer oil, kerosene, Jet A, molasses, KY, ear wax, fresh dumpster sludge, fudge from the county fair, reprocessed beer, stale startrucks coffee, unicorn tears and sorostitute vomit?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is Steel Soldiers. Aren't you making your own witches brew of homegrown fuel, consisting of but not limited to used motor oil, used transmission fluid, diesel (taxed and untaxed), gasoline, 2 stroke engine oil/gas, surplus toilet bowl cleaner, obsolete transformer oil, kerosene, Jet A, molasses, KY, ear wax, fresh dumpster sludge, fudge from the county fair, reprocessed beer, stale startrucks coffee, unicorn tears and sorostitute vomit?
No

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I put a lot of effort into that joke for such a pithy response.

I'm gonna' go clean out my fuel tank.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
11159530_962147523807434_1192249709431930819_n (1).jpg

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use all that in my morning coffee... and my fuel tank.

Also is anyone heading in from Ferro's area with a empty 5th wheel? I'd like to see if the M270 could make it to the rally.
I might can talk Peck into letting someone drive his m818 down with it on it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, my 40 hour workdays in retirement have ceased. I've just returned from my last trip to the FL house, it's in the hands of my most capable realtor/author. Now hopefully I can rummage through my stuff to find what I need for the RT. Pleasant surprise here in N GA, the kids have a fall break as well as a spring break and it falls on rally week. Im stoked.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would a MEP 005 30kw generator come in handy for extra power? I can prob have it going by then and find something for it to tag along behind

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I can say from having experience with a military generator at a rally that it isn't quiet and you really need enough couple to run the thing at least 200 feet away.

We had complaints two years ago about a small civi generator running at night in the camping area.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're in Marietta, man! There are people coming from Uraguay! If they can make it, you and your M37 can. This is going to be the year of M37s.

Are'nt you forgetting somebody ?????

netherland-flag.gifhappyczechrepublicflag.gif

With a total lack of funding and using every available option,

ytshipwrecked.gif

buying the tickets two days before departure, we still come

This year, I am already in Canada, Toronto, hopefully with a car, and will drive down to the rally and then back up (if I can swing it).

:driver: Canada_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif :tank:

Maybe some of you remember that me coming in 2014 initially hinged on our non-profit getting about US $ 12 000 pre-financed project money back? Good thing I did not waited for that. It took us until April this year (more than TWO years after the project ended), threatening with a court case and direct intervention of the responsible Minister (something like your Secretary of Agriculture) to finally get a letter confirming that we had a right to get the money back, and until end of June before we finally got it.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully without Adam hooked to the back lol.
At least the Long Easy had the moxie to get that traveling flea circus the 90 miles to the Rally. And I got an amazing 2.2 MPG while towing the flea circus.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
At least the Long Easy had the moxie to get that traveling flea circus the 90 miles to the Rally. And I got an amazing 2.2 MPG while towing the flea circus.
The nice thing about the 819 is that it gets the SAME mileage, towing something or not. The ONLY time it gets GOOD mileage is if it is being towed and/or shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks