• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Georgia Rally Multimedia GMVR16 Thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those folks who never attended, I suggest you do. For those folks who never volunteer, I suggest you do.

It's a long weekend, surely everyone can spare one 4 hour block assisting friends and carrying the flame. Simple.tasks like refilling the hand was stations or washing dishes for one meal. Wiping down tables in the mess tent is a 10 minute job, imagine if 12 folks stood up and said they would each do it once, Beats the heck out of just a couple of folks carrying the load.

PLEASE consider offering your talents for just a while. Take a load off the 5% that do 95% of the work.

michigandon

For those folks who never attended, I suggest you do. For those folks who never volunteer, I suggest you do.

It's a long weekend, surely everyone can spare one 4 hour block assisting friends and carrying the flame. Simple.tasks like refilling the hand was stations or washing dishes for one meal. Wiping down tables in the mess tent is a 10 minute job, imagine if 12 folks stood up and said they would each do it once, Beats the heck out of just a couple of folks carrying the load.

PLEASE consider offering your talents for just a while. Take a load off the 5% that do 95% of the work.
I've actually felt kinda bad in the past for not pitching in more than I did.

I will definitely make an effort to do more than my fair share...that is, IF I can ever manage to make it back there again.
:s

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me add this so it doesn't sound like I'm complaining too much. If this next rally is your first, don't feel compelled to volunteer. There is a lot to take in. If you feel something needs to be done and don't mind, knock yourself out. Other than that, sit back and enjoy the scenery. A small case in point, we often ask for folks to bring firewood. We had a first time attendee ask about the fire. After showing him whefe it is traditionally located, he saw the small amount of firewood and headed back out and returned with a bunch of wood. He then chased down splitting equipment and got a fire going. Thank you Sir. I enjoy my job there and I think other would too.

CUCVLOVER

Another Ahab

Rocky,
I like your idea for the ride to the rally from the airport. How about I pick you up in this on my way to Atlanta....

View attachment 651210
No need to carry the intel-collection packages, so the sensor bays in the fuselage and nose fairing will by available for your change of underwear.
I might need to bring more than only one change of skivvies:

- How many flight hours did you say you have in that thing?!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Folks, where are the pics? This is an event with 140 trucks, 4 days of offroading, golf cart shenanigans, flamethrowers, etc.

My excuse is that I was busy and I literally took one picture. I know some of you have to have hundreds of shots on your phones. Let''s see 'em!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might need to bring more than only one change of skivvies:

- How many flight hours did you say you have in that thing?!!!
It's kinda like Fantasy Football.... I have a Spy Plane Fantasy Log Book. You'll enjoy the ride!!! ROFLMBO

On a more thread-related note....

Has the date been set for the 2017 SSGARally???

Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a guy there with a drone too. Wonder if he will ever post anything up. I posted all 4 of my pics.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes, the M18 stuff was certainly deployed. Lots of hands on deck and the tranny back in. Thanks go to Gimpy and Westech who spearheaded the the operation a d Gerhard and Steve6x6x6 were called in as tech support. Many other folks pitched in with parts and consumables.

The day before they ( Gimpy and Westech) both pulled the dog house on the flight line van troubleshooting the 6.5 which only burped once on the 18 hours home. Also got to thank patracy for some pin striping he did!
2016gagimp.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks