• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 18-22, 2017

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a quick update from the rally site. Rain has stopped, and the sun has come out. We have a gentle breeze out of the WNW at 7 knots, air temp is a balmy 70º. Adam went to the lodge to take care of business, and Ron is out waking up the neighborhood in the M819. Ole Bob went into Greensboro pawn shop shopping. Drew, Emily and Chris took off early today, and are expected back around 1600.
So that is the goings on from the rally site. Y'all hurry up and get here, the field is kinda bare........................

sandcobra164

If anyone would like to convoy up from SW GA, I'm departing Leesburg around 0730 on Thursday morning along with member Welder1. We're bringing a M35A2, M923A1 and most importantly for a long trip, tools and a towbar. We normally run 55 mph or the speed limit, whichever is lower and a good chunk of the trip is open highway (300 and I-75). We got to Durhamtown in less than 4 hours last year. It's a good run for the trucks before the winter slumber!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you do if it is Tuesday and you have not had any time to pack anything or even think about it?????

I am screwed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a quick update from the rally site. Gunner Mac pulled in about 1400 yesterday, so folks are starting to file in. The weather is coolish, with a current temperature of 49º at 0800. However the sun is out and it should be a wonderful day. It has been a very quiet time, and last night we heard an owl in the distance as we talked around the fire pit.

That is all from Parkerville, in the fun corner of the Georgia Rally.

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm all packed but still 5000 miles south of you... here. My long journey will begin in only a couple of hours from now. ETA in DT: 1400, tomorrow.

See y'all, there!

CUCVLOVER

If I can ever get a straight answer on who is coming with me and get trucks on the right Trailers for everything I will be rolling but either way I'm coming tomorrow if I have time drive my little honda 250 four-wheeler all the way there

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had a setback. I've had my M35A3 mostly loaded for departure. Unfortunately, the wife volunteered my M35A2 deuce to haul heavy pallets of road pavers for a local Towns County 4H project. I'm a big supporter of 4H, so I went along. I took the brick pavers to the site in my deuce and the local Hiawassee Hardware volunteered to unload with their fork truck. That part went well until the lift truck driver backed into a hole and culvert. That heavy fork truck sank deep after coming perilously close to turning over! Of course I volunteered to winch the fork truck out with several guys watching my cable to make sure it spooled up properly. My cable got pinched and jammed the winch. I finally got everything spooled back up after about two hours of work, but my winch cable now has two bad kinks in it. I'll be looking for a new winch cable at the rally. No good deeds go unpunished. :(:(:(

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Productive day today. Truck fueled up, 55 gallon drum of fuel loaded, picked up an A/C unit for a fellow member, enough firewood for a small village and a 6 foot ladder. Truck has performed wonderfully and is ready to go 180 miles each way. Tomorrow I have to get the last few provisions to fill my cooler and 0730 Thursday will be "wheels rolling" time! I would say the 6 foot ladder is for my friend but since I'm steadily healing up after breaking my foot, it's for me to get in and out of the back of the M923. I thought Welder1 was going to pick on me as we chucked wood on the truck at his shop. He used the ladder as well and told me there's nothing wrong with using a little help! I'm happy I passed my better half's test on getting in and out of the truck with no help. See ya'll Thursday around lunch! As Wreckerman would say, "Be there or Be square".

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Georgia Mafia Command Group is locked, cocked, and ready to rock. Camper is stocked with rations, vehicles fueled/serviced....but wait!!! The landoll is needed for real world missions this week....so what do we do?:whistle:

Hmmm....I know, let's drop a few vehicles off the mission roster and use the equipment trailer!!![thumbzup]

Well....the LEAST we can get by with is the M151A2 w/trailer, and of course the GATOR....so we have to make all that stuff fit...:roll:

PapaBear has an idea (yes...that IS dangerous kids), Let's pick up the M416 Trailer with the overhead crane and set it on the "goose neck" frame and then the GATOR and the M151A2 will fit on the deck!!:jumpin:

I hope someone with a boom or crane will do a Brother a solid and lift the trailer off the "goose neck" and help re-load is if necessary....it's for sale. We should be rolling in early to mid afternoon tomorrow.:naner::naner::naner:

Anyhoo...it sorta looks like this....

Attachments

sandcobra164

PB, looks awesome! I can't buy the jeep but I can pay a rental fee. No trailriding, just a few trips from the cabin to the main field. Let me know if that works please. If not, no worries. I just figured it'd be easier than driving the 5 ton.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did 967 miles in the drivers seat between 430pm monday and 7pm Tonight. I had to venture up to gimpys. I will be in Thursday morning. Maybe Wednesday afternoon. There is a chance i will have to make 2 round trips for all the junk. I got everyones stuff from up at gimps so come clean my truck out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks