• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 18-22, 2017

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no clue when I might arrive. MKT m109 pantry truck is down. Replaced entire injection pump and it looks like the hydraulic head is bad... so we are digging through a pile of Mike's spares to find a new head. For reference imagine the warehouse at the end of Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost arc...

Why do I always wind up working on a deuce at GA rally time?!?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no clue when I might arrive. MKT m109 pantry truck is down. Replaced entire injection pump and it looks like the hydraulic head is bad... so we are digging through a pile of Mike's spares to find a new head. For reference imagine the warehouse at the end of Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost arc...

Why do I always wind up working on a deuce at GA rally time?!?
Because you da man Ferro. Good luck.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
73m819 has been on site for 6 hours waiting for emd.

Rally has started, don’t miss it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

Took my first steps without crutches today and I'm making great progress. 1st metatarsal fractures normally take 6-8 weeks to get better from. Sunday will be 4 weeks since the mishap and I'm on it! X-Ray yesterday looked good and the doctor told me I'm "structurally sound" in the foot. A little soft tissue pain but it'll never heal if I stay completely off of it. I passed my better half's test of getting in and out of the M923. I'm coming and getting ready to see everyone again!

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope to come in on Tuesday as usual and pick out a spot, to set up my Tents. Then Hopefully will be back on Wednesday after School, if not then I will for sure be there on Thursday. If anyone needs any last minute supplies, or necessities, let me know I can pick up for you on one of my trips back and forth. My home is only 50 minutes away so its not an issue for me to stop by a store! Already have my trailer nearly packed!

I cant wait to get away from my Store for a few days!
I think im going to post this picture on both online stores! :0)
Minions Stupid People.jpg

RAYZER

Regretfully I must skip the rally this year due to not being ready,
I've turned my rv spot reservation over to floridianson.
I'm really going to miss being there.
I Will see yall next year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Just not going to be the same without you and Gimpyrobb.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

Well that settles it, if neither you, Gimpy or SWB are not attending than I'm not going. Actually I have too many personal commitments here to take the time off to go. I am really bummed, but the home needs a new roof and winter is on the way.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As of now, the Pantry M109 is running. Still have to replace the J pipe, air up a slow leak, and fab a bracket in the cab for the transfer case lever. All on the list for Monday. Then I can get it home and start loading the perishable groceries for an early morning Wednesday departure. Don't feel too sorry for Ferro - he wound up with an LDS IP out of swapping the stuff around (yes, it needs some work on it, it was the one in the 109 that was making oil).

michigandon

Well that settles it, if neither you, Gimpy or SWB are not attending than I'm not going. Actually I have too many personal commitments here to take the time off to go. I am really bummed put the home needs a new roof and winter is on the way.
I feel your pain, gents.

I really do. :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks