• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 18-22, 2017

Rmtaunton

Looks like I won't make it till the 18th, probably convoy in with SCSG.

Need to figure out whats wrong with the brakes on Bella. Rebuilt the airpack and put on a new MC, still acting up. Got a couple weeks to figure it out.

It is almost time!

James, my dump truck will be driven in on Wed. If I start now I can have it filled with firewood. No need to go to all that trouble on your end.
This reminds me to load the tow bar hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soupermike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you only had 1 day to attend which day would you choose? I am visiting family about an hour away from the rally and only have 1 day to go to the rally.

Thanks
Mike

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Friday evening or Saturday. On Saturday though a lot of trucks will leave for a few hours about 10:00 am for the lunch convoy. Although if you get there for that there is always seats available for riders.

eaglevets

I'm driving my MUTT over from Augusta Saturday for the convoy. What time should I arrive to have time to get checked in and do all the other prep I need to do to be signed up and legal to go?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm driving my MUTT over from Augusta Saturday for the convoy. What time should I arrive to have time to get checked in and do all the other prep I need to do to be signed up and legal to go?
To be safe, I'd say no later than about 9:45am. You will need to check in at the registration tent and let us shoot a picture of your insurance card and then get in the line for the convoy. I think we begin lining up at 10:30.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sounds like a plan. Are we going to A. H. Stephens Park this year, or back to the county park for lunch?
County park. I suspect we won't be going back to Stephens.

TMNT

Well, we made it every year for the last six, but we're going to miss this one. The brakes on Big Betty are still inop and I haven't had time to even begin working on them. I'm pretty sure the air pack is bad, but I also don't know for sure if the shoes and drums are ok after suffering through hanging up and getting really hot on the way home last year. I'm hoping to start working on it in the next couple of weeks.

You all have fun and we'll see you next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

I just want to clarify an answer I sent to a friend. Nobody cares if a Civilian Jeep, say CJ5, gets on the trails with the trucks? I know Clinto posted that there will be no rally organized trail rides and no worries there. I assured my buddy that we don't care if a Jeep or two joins in on the trail riding. Past experience also tells me that we pull them out when stuck. He really just wants to take it easy and follow around with some trucks. Backup plan is to take the M923 on the trails if the jeep gets stuck but I'd rather keep it clean for the hardball convoy on Saturday. I won't have my family this year so my only concern is how not to take home everything at the swap meet! May have to steal the M274 Mule again!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well does anybody KNOW if my camping condo (tee-pee) is still standing or has the dead oak or fire taken it out, in worse case, plan B will be implemented.

THANKS
Has anybody been out to the field and can answer the above QUESTION, a INQUIRING mind would like to know ?

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just want to clarify an answer I sent to a friend. Nobody cares if a Civilian Jeep, say CJ5, gets on the trails with the trucks? I know Clinto posted that there will be no rally organized trail rides and no worries there. I assured my buddy that we don't care if a Jeep or two joins in on the trail riding. Past experience also tells me that we pull them out when stuck. He really just wants to take it easy and follow around with some trucks. Backup plan is to take the M923 on the trails if the jeep gets stuck but I'd rather keep it clean for the hardball convoy on Saturday. I won't have my family this year so my only concern is how not to take home everything at the swap meet! May have to steal the M274 Mule again!
It is absolutely, 100% acceptable for folks to bring their civvy vehicles.

Has anybody been out to the field and can answer the above QUESTION, a INQUIRING mind would like to know ?
I haven't had a chance to go out there. I'm trying but I'm working 7 days a week right now. Just no time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks