• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 18-22, 2017

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am departing tomorrow at o dark thirty. I enjoyed my time with everyone. Should be back by 11 with my other son.

Cool story here. Whilst working the registration tent, a gentleman approched wearing a Viet Nam Vet hat. We'll call him Tom. He wanted to know if he and his son could walk around. This was his first time here and could only make a day of it. Since the event wasn't crowded, I told him to feel free to drive around. He was pleased and departed towards the field.

Later on I saw 73M819 go by and hit the main road in Ferro's M151A2. (Ferro.....you know what I'm thinking). He scampered up the road and back a couple of times and returned. Later 73 came by and said that it was Tom that he had with him and that it made his rally to be able to light up the face of anothe Viet Nam vet. Ron served in Viet Nam too. I found Tom and spoke with him before he departed. The smile that man had was priceless. He did give me permission to post this story.

Thanks Tom, for your service and sacrifice to this great and at times, ungrateful nation and for making Ron's and my rallly.

Kenny

Capt.Marion

HMMWV PMCSd, fueled, and just about loaded up. Will be wheels-up from Alpharetta shortly after lunch tomorrow. Now it's time to see how much stuff can go sideways between now and then!

CUCVLOVER

Ok everyone I left my house early this morning I made it to Durham a couple hrs ago I am down here at the barn looking thing called Kenny's camp I got here late after being stuck a broken down truck for a couple hrs so that's why I made it late and then didn't come say hi. Me and my dad will be done there at the field in the am. Good night all

bigugh20

I'm really jealous. The 50/50/90 rule got me again this year, 50/50 chance that I'll be off work for any given rally and approximately a 90% chance that I won't. Have fun and take lots and lots of pictures.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you had stuff from gimpys place. Come see me near the green tower

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If memory serves, Gunnermac, welder1, and swiss have parts in the big cardboard box that has Gerhards stuff in it.

Most should be labeled. Text me if you have questions.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Life threw a curved one stopping us from coming as well aua.

crying-fountain-cleaned.gif

At least we were away on a meeting about military stuff as well, but even Olga agreed that being at the GA rally would have been better.

DSC_0063r.jpg DSC_0383cr.jpg

TMNT

Wow, you guys didn't make it either, eh? Now I don't feel so bad. Maybe next year.
Yep, just too much going on here. The truck needs an air pack, I’ve been working a lot of hours and there was a big meeting that overlapped the Rally. I just couldn’t muster the energy to push hard enough to make it this year. Next year though, for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks