• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2022 Denton Military rally thread, April 23rd-24th

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another question for yall, I'm thinking about driving my bobbed 5 ton down to the denton show, is there anything special I need to do or special place to park or anything need to know. We're not staying the whole day but thought might be cool to have her there. She's not a show truck or anything but we still love her. Do I just roll up to the gate and say "let me in" LOL

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another question for yall, I'm thinking about driving my bobbed 5 ton down to the denton show, is there anything special I need to do or special place to park or anything need to know. We're not staying the whole day but thought might be cool to have her there. She's not a show truck or anything but we still love her. Do I just roll up to the gate and say "let me in" LOL
You just need to stop at the gatehouse and let them know you are with the show and that you will not be camping. Not sure if they will charge you for a day pass, but since you are bringing a truck they probably won't. Then just roll into the campground, or up front if you prefer, and come say hello, introduce yourself!

nayrbrellim

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You just need to stop at the gatehouse and let them know you are with the show and that you will not be camping. Not sure if they will charge you for a day pass, but since you are bringing a truck they probably won't. Then just roll into the campground, or up front if you prefer, and come say hello, introduce yourself!
Last year they didn't charge me for a day pass because I was a veteran, if memory serves me right.

MattNC

I've got the HMMWV and M1102 mostly packed and 95% of the PMCS done for each. With two other vehicles in our group of 7 guys I think we have about 1000lb of gear per attendee and I still feel underpacked! It'll be a lot of fun and will be all of our first visits out there. We are camping friday and saturday night.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got the HMMWV and M1102 mostly packed and 95% of the PMCS done for each. With two other vehicles in our group of 7 guys I think we have about 1000lb of gear per attendee and I still feel underpacked! It'll be a lot of fun and will be all of our first visits out there. We are camping friday and saturday night.
Hopefully you guys get here before we roll out at 1700 for the BBQ convoy.

CGarbee

So I finally got to put this “Pig” through its paces-~300 miles total in 75-80* sunshine in the back and forth as well as 2 convoys. It’s a blast ! I’m going to recab it at some point but man it’s fun.
I really appreciated my ride and the conversation about it... I have a much better appreciation for it (and the whole family of cab-overs) then I did... :)
Thanks also for organizing the BBQ run...

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all for even the 'short' visit. I really appreciate it, especially CGarbee for fitting me in. Your food is always great and your skills are appreciated!

It was really nice seeing everyone. A well needed break, but not enough. Working a plan for next year to be out for longer and actually bring some things. We shall see.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks