• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OKC Convoy 12/20/08 with Pics and Videos!!!

M1075

It was a great day to get those Steelsoldiers on the road! :driver:

Many thanks to all of those who participated. Here are a few pics, videos to follow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bangle 99

James! Great pics! It was nice to meet you. I hope to see you again soon. Thanks for putting this together.

Kevin! Thanks for letting me drive your truck! Jenn's wishing she had come along now!

M1075

Here are a few videos of the convoy:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JQVPmCtzE[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wowUsTsXPAM[/media]

uoa

Looks like a great time! Hopefully by the next one, I will have my own deuce and will come along!

StreetbikeDepot

Good pics.....maybe next Christmas we can do a Toys for Tots run or something similar, or visit the VA nursing home in Norman and spend some time with some our Nations true heroes during the holidays (actually its not too late to do that).

Last edited:

dmmay

Convoy movies

Hi M1075 ! What a Great Day ?? Great Job putting things together !! Was wondering if I could get a copys of the videos and Pictures ?? Really Looking forward to the next Convoy !! Happy Holidays !!

M1075

Hi M1075 ! What a Great Day ?? Great Job putting things together !! Was wondering if I could get a copys of the videos and Pictures ?? Really Looking forward to the next Convoy !! Happy Holidays !!
I don't know about emailing the videos, but I will send all of the pics out on email tomorrow. Bow-man has some videos too and is working on consolidating them into one good one. Maybe we can put them on CD if you want to have the actual files?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pics and videos. I really like the dog in the first video. Maybe use him as a mascot.

Warthog

Tackettr

Cool Pics and Vids James! I'm sure glad everyone had a good time! Make no bones about it, it was cold!!!!:-D I had a hard time keeping my duece at the proper operating temperature even with the wreath on the front and it performed doggy. :cry: I'm not sure if my thermostat is bad or it is just normal procedure to put a cover over the radiator? Any thoughts? Mine seems to run best a 180 degrees, once we were moving down the road it would drop to 140-150.

StreetbikeDepot

The thermostat should maintain the engine temp, I drove the deuce around a little today and once it got up to temp it stayed, the 818 does the same. Check the thermostat, not too sure if the housing uses a gasket or O-ring, but you may want to source out the parts before you tear it down, unless your good at making gaskets.

I'm pretty sure you said that you havent installed your heater yet, but if the supply lines are hooked up at the wrong locations it can keep the motor from warming up.

Tackettr

Thanks Cory, that's good info. I think I have a bad/no thermo or a 160 degree one. Its amazing how that 25 degrees makes a difference.

All: Sorry about jacking the thread, where were we? Oh yeah, when's the next one!

Kaiser M35A2

I just joined the group and went on my first convoy! Awesome Experience! I never thought I'd have so much fun driving my Deuce around Oklahoma. The response from the public was great with all the waving & attention paid to us.

It would be great to participate in parades, for veterans, or something like the Patriot Guard motorcycle riders going to military veteran funerals. My brother-in-law is a patriot guard member and Vietnam Vet in Oklahoma.

Bow-man

additional video

Don't know how to post the video directly to this forum, so here is the link to youtube.
Enjoy!
Bow-man

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j7bDC4Gb5U[/media]

OKCM38CDN

I was unable to attend with my little M-38CDN due to plumbing problems at the house, but something to keep in mind Del City holds an Armed Forces Day parade in the April/May time frame... be a good time to get together again...

If interested let me know and I can post the info here... Parade is generally from I-40 and Sunnylane south to SE 29th and then over to Linda Lane about 2 1/2 Miles...

What hurts is the fact that very few military vehicles or units participate...

dmmay

Hi Guys !! I think the whole day turned out Great !! And Thanks to M1075 and Bow-man for the videos and to the photosand to everyone, I enjoyed the entire day. I hope that Everyone has a Great Holiday Season and Happy New Year !! Thanks again for the Fun !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks