We removed the pressure plate, clutch plate, and flywheel. Thankfully the flywheel is is good shape. It needs to be cut, but there are no cracks or broken teeth. It quickly became apparent to us that this is the factory clutch, and has not seen the light of day since late 1960!
It took Doc a while to scrub the crap off of the flywheel, bell housing, and the back of the engine.
The bell housing is shot. We didn’t see a sleeve bearing. The hole is oval shaped. The rod is worn down. I suspect that the factory didn’t install a sleeve bearing, which led to the problems. UGH!!!
I called Daryl and asked him if he had a replacement bell housing. He will start hunting for one.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk