• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

m38inmaine

Purchased a lot of winch parts, parts are new and never mounted but have seen some obvious storage handling. They arrived today but minus two items, the hollow end of the drive shaft and one of the pto handles. Looks like UPS pulled some funny business and re boxed the items. The original box was beat to **** and the original label was cut off and re taped to a new box. These are the only parts I have so still looking for the other items to make a complete kit. A winch comes in handy here especially in the winter.

Attachments

Last edited:

m38inmaine

Insured/registered the goat Friday, took it out for it's first road run today. Got it up to 45, taking it easy first time out, still running on the old tires for now. Started on the button after sitting idle since last July, took about 1 mile to start pumping oil on the transfer, pretty happy with that. Ran well, never went over 170 degrees, looks like it will be parade ready for Monday. Will add some pictures on Monday.

Jericho

Sounds like a good winter over for your Goat!, Mine started fine BUT same old problem , Local parade, Lots of guys scream let me drive, Enter three trucks, NO ONE shows up to drive , so trailed the goat and still did the parade with two trucks

Attachments

Jericho

Sounds like a good winter over for your Goat!, Mine started fine BUT same old problem , Local parade, Lots of guys scream let me drive, Enter three trucks, NO ONE shows up to drive , so trailed the goat and still did the parade with two trucks

Attachments

m38inmaine

Thanks Tom, Mark. Looks like I may need to get down to AR to get you back on track, while there I'll paint it for you.

Jericho

Glad to see our putting some ,miles on it, Ive had mine out for a 2o mile run , but so busy havnt been able to find time for much more, enjoy the good weather in the "convertible sports car! " everybody WANTS A GOAT.

m38inmaine

Jerhico's and my goat at the recent Weare, NH rally. It was nice to be able to drive and see another goat to compare notes. Both machines were busy transporting people at the rally, trail riding and convoying.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Jerhico's and my goat at the recent Weare, NH rally. It was nice to be able to drive and see another goat to compare notes. Both machines were busy transporting people at the rally, trail riding and convoying.

Between the two of you what did you all decide about future projects for the Goats?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks