• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

m38inmaine

Had a great time at the rally, met up with fellow goat owners Jericho and vst24474vt at the rally although absent their goat's. Andy was a wealth of knowledge on the goat, gave mine a run and we decided that I have a pretty good growling coming from the transfer case. It wasn't there when I started out but after a dozen trips taking people in and out of the show it was getting worse. Probably the upper part of the case from years of lack of lubricant. So it looks like I will end up swapping out the transfer, might as well for peace of mind. As far as specific goat parts at the rally I saw one NOS end curtain, and a box full of seat back cushions.

Had the goat and my M101A1 on the trailer, not an inch to spare but she pulled like a dream, about a 13 hour round trip.

Attachments

Jericho

Weare was GREAT, Saw the Miracle from Maine. This Gama Goat was a veritable basket case, Until M -38 Maine got a hold of it. It is better than the day it came off the line at CONDEC ! period original, correct in detail, great paint, Engine sounds wonderful CUDOS to M 38 for the rack rerig, it starts on the button and accerates smoothly, Well set RACK . The brakes are the best I've ever pushed on a Goat, It just plain is NICE . Small problem , maybe in the transfer case, definatly drive line , but not engine I don't think Also met UST247747 VT . nice guys all and fellow goat nuts. And after all we all new some common aquaitences all along Amazing. The Club at Weare put on a Great event! Nice turn out, super organization, Good location, location, location. If one can make Weare DO!

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great seeing everyone. That goat ran great, however it did have some competition for the loudest vehicle. I think there were at least two 3-53 powered M37s at the show that I thought sounded even louder than the goat.

m38inmaine

While I was browsing the rally the wife said someone said I was missing some grommets on the goat, I just did not have a chance to get all the small stuff done. So today I remembered and put them in. I am also missing one on one of the battery cables, need to get that one.

I am also missing several of the #14 Phillips pan head screws that attach the air duct covers and front fender splash shields. They have a blunt end unlike a regular sheet metal screw, would like to find a source for these, I have plenty of the clips.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jericho

Mark Ill take it! let me know how much you need for it, Easy repair job, ill send you some photos of mine, WHY PUT A STEEL PANEL IN AN ALLY BODY and aluminium forms easier, some engineers! Departed at o500 this am pushed along at 55mph in my 109 ran great WHEN about 20 miles from home I GOT A DRIVE LINE VIBRATION . WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK. U joint , wheel bearing , will figure it out .took all day to unload and napped most of afternoon, hum what could in be , NEXT WEEK JOB, suprised you were already back at it after your LONG drive , Please keep me up on your noise, has piqued my interest, Ill send you a PM with address, use USPS, adds to my POSTAL retirement , Was nice to meet you and your family , all great people , Keep in touch ! ( yup the grommets, Guilty) too many years putting drain mast grommets in airplanes, WAS talking to VT am going to measure up m 105 top, looks close for goat, Please look long and hard before you order parts, u joints, Center carrier bearing and silastic surround , Transfer plug/sump. I would check front diff as well , although I doubt its the diff . Your engine runs a treat, about the smoothest Detroit ive heard ( is it possible for a detroit to sound smooth LOL ) Again, Sweet machine you are to be congratulated, WELL DONE!

Jericho

Looking for screw, have embarked on major expedition in to the world of my garage 4 cars big two stories, cant get a Volkswagen in it, Will get back to you. If my wife calls because she hasn't seen me in two days tell her to pull on the BLUE rope (tied it to my ankle) lol

m38inmaine

Thanks, your part is packaged in a flat rate medium box and will go out tomorrow. Another item I forgot to install was the engine cover torque rod, installed that after work today.

Another Ahab

Looking for screw, have embarked on major expedition in to the world of my garage 4 cars big two stories, cant get a Volkswagen in it, Will get back to you. If my wife calls because she hasn't seen me in two days tell her to pull on the BLUE rope (tied it to my ankle) lol
I sure hope she gets it right.

color.jpg

Jericho

Arrrrggggh your right, RED rope on other ankle is for EMERGENCY RETRIEVAL its hooked to my OH GOD NNOOOOO (Levity is the spice of life , after 50)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks