• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

m38inmaine

As much as I wanted to use the original batteries I just did not have the $400+ to shell out for 6tl's so I used a pair of surplus UPS batteries I had. I set them on the original tray and held them in place with a rubber bungee. I have the original hold down parts, some day I will put the original batteries in.

Attachments

Jericho

not wanting to steal your thread, I use Interstate "Top stud terminal " 900 CCA batteries they fit snug but fit, I have a distributor about 10 miles away, saves me the mark up They usually run me around $130.00 new, BUT they sell Blems for around 40 bucks each , Ive had about the same life cycle for both, Take your battery and have them measure them UP

m38inmaine

Pulled the leaking transfer input seal today, looks like to be safe I will speedy sleeve the flange. Looks like the transmission output seal is leaking too, might as well tackle that now while the u-joint is out.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Luckily I am only doing the tops, transmission output, transfer input, just waiting for the rest of the parts to show up. Both seals and sleeves were readily available.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score! I talked to the guy from Rapco at the MVPA convention last year and he said he had a bunch of truss kits but every time I called after that he'd never call me back so don't know if he was just yammering or actually had some.

m38inmaine

Truss kits are for 5 wheel operation, it disables the articulation function so you can limp the truck home on 5 wheels. Thanks Mark for the info.

Attachments

m38inmaine

An on line ad had some manuals for sale, I asked if he had any more goat parts and for a month or so he dug them out of a storage building and kept sending them. One was the new center console, he shipped it thrown in a zip tied garbage bag and it arrived without a scratch from CA, a shipping miracle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks