• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our MTVR camper:

MTVR

After two weeks off due to wildfire smoke and then rain, we hoisted our drawbridge for the first time today- the winches worked perfectly.

We still need to mount the hinge, before we can lift the drawbridge completely up into it's recess, but it's nice to finally have our box enclosed.

20200927_162639.jpg

We're planning to put our first coat of epoxy on the outside walls tomorrow.

MTVR

Four coats of marine-grade epoxy on the left, right, and front outer walls, as well as inside the nesting area for the drawbridge.

20200930_143832.jpg20200930_174521.jpg

We already had six coats on the roof and three on the bottom of the floor...

MTVR

After a massive amount of surface prep, I let my wife roll on our first real paint yesterday, and we are happy with how it looks.20201004_181229.jpg

MTVR

We've had so many interruptions- most recently, I had to fly to Texas for a few days to buy a ranch. It will serve as a central base of operations for our exploration of the U.S., and it has a 2,300 square foot shop with 14' tall doors, to store our MTVR in.

Today, in spite of the increasingly sketchy weather, we were back at it. We sank the last 12 of 28 box-to-bed mounting bolts. We are both super-stoked about that.

Tomorrow, we plan to start cutting and installing the 3.5" thick polyiso foam insulation boards in the walls and ceiling, and then foam the gaps, to make them airtight...

Last edited:

MTVR

I'm not very happy that the timing of this move will likely require tire chains, but I did score a set of four military surplus Oshkosh 16.00R20 tire chains for $400 with free delivery. I'll need to test fit them before we leave...

Screenshot_20201022-041959_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 98G

MTVR

Today we cut and fitted much of the 3.5" thick rigid polyiso insulation (R-24 value) for the front and side walls. The floor is already done. We still need to do the ceiling and the drawbridge.20201022_180020.jpg20201022_175928.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks