• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our Neighbor Needed a Lift!

GamaGoatGirl

Our neighbor ordered a new trailer from Kaufman and asked if we could unload it for him when it was delivered.Today was delivery day! It was an easy task for the M819!

By the way- the wires you see in the pictures are on the far side of the road!

Here are a few pics of the task!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Amy, you should have distracted the driver so Eric could unload the other trailer too!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Photographic proof that even when doghead is working, he is sitting around on his ass. :)

Good way to work the -819!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talk about poor lifting etiquette!!! NO outriggers down, NO protection for the lifting straps around the corners of that rail!!

All in all, a job well done though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I parked at an angle, to the road. The lift was about 10 degrees off to the starboard side. The set was about 15 degrees to the port side. No need for outriggers.

The rail was very rounded edged. New, with no sharp spots. All straps were clinched flat.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
was there even a tag line ???

That sure looked nice stretched all the way out

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. No wind. Short swing. It was only about 6' up to start with.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pictures of a neat machine at work. I especially like how the trailer tires and wheels pop out as you lower the trailer, "Transformer" style!!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't mind criticism. Heck, I might learn something from others, if I keep an open mind!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talk about poor lifting etiquette!!! NO outriggers down, NO protection for the lifting straps around the corners of that rail!!

All in all, a job well done though.
I see that you don't own a military wrecker. If you had owned a military wrecker or crane, you would know exactly why that lift was completed without outriggers.

Shoulda seen the list on my little truck the other day lifting a canned multi from the side.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

This is why Doghead catches so much flak for his attempts at sarcastic humor. Sarcasm in type just doesn't work. Can't even bust a guys chops on the internet anymore.

Eric, why do we even try??????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks