• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our Neighbor Needed a Lift!

Csm Davis

You guys are all a little off :cookoo: but it's okay. Also DH you just had to stretch the boom all the way out didn't you? Then get the wife to post the pics so you can say you weren't showing off your long boom! Guess you and Ron got your moderator jobs buy having the LONG booms. Heck I am glad I have more than one boom or I might get boom envy! rofl

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back on topic....

I love the way that little trailer just levitates off the semi. And the way the wheels and tires just suddenly mount themselves on the hubs.

Good job, DH. Here's a dog biscuit!

Great pics, Amy - Pulitzer Prize material there, girl :doghead:

:cookoo:i agree yall are off the rocker a little bit but thats why we all luv each other warrior i saw the attempt at humor u bout got it lol Doghead i was beginning to wander if u were real or not glad to finally see u alive and well my friend i figured u were just the Forum nazzi(JOKING ) as for your wife she did a good job of showcaseing the 819 which by the way sir is an awesome Machine to say the least not to mention thats an awesome woman to deal with your hobby :]she likes to see u work doesnt she hahah :driver:Od green diease No cure ;]

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Surely, a thorough review of the (T)echnical (M)anual regarding procedures and safety requirements was in order in keeping with the highest of military and Steel Soldier standards and traditions:wink:
:doghead: Way to help out[thumbzup]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The extra boom length comes in real handy. It afforded me plenty of distance(to park off the road) and swing the trailer away from the M819 while they installed the wheels.

fwiw, I use it at least once a week, or more. I have accumulated enough time to have a pretty good feel for what it will do and how it will react to a load.

The outriggers are labor intensive, so I really try to position the truck to afford a short swing angle(from one side to the other) from the rear of the truck, when possible.

I did have a tag line laid out in preparation for the lift. Is it an OSHA requirement to attach a tag line at all times?

I don't take pictures, unless I have someone to take them. I focus on operating the crane, when using it.

Also, I wouldn't have this awesome truck without the help of my SS brothers(Thanks once again).

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I REALLY need to get my wrecker working!

Good job Eric! thanks for taking the pics Amy. I do tons of stuff but there isn't anyone around with the camera.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The extra boom length comes in real handy. It afforded me plenty of distance(to park off the road) and swing the trailer away from the M819 while they installed the wheels.

fwiw, I use it at least once a week, or more. I have accumulated enough time to have a pretty good feel for what it will do and how it will react to a load.

The outriggers are labor intensive, so I really try to position the truck to afford a short swing angle(from one side to the other) from the rear of the truck, when possible.

I did have a tag line laid out in preparation for the lift. Is it an OSHA requirement to attach a tag line at all times?

I don't take pictures, unless I have someone to take them. I focus on operating the crane, when using it.

Also, I wouldn't have this awesome truck without the help of my SS brothers(Thanks once again).
YES, used to be anything over 6' required a tag line, anything below 6' you could just use your hand, NOW EVERYTHING requires a tag line, no matter how high, a real pain

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Did I see the word POLICE on the side of that wrecker? Someone impersonating a LEO?
NO as posted in the recovery thread, it was BROUGHT at a CITY AUCTION, no different than U.S. ARMY on a surplus truck

NOT cool to even say this, NO need if the RECOVERY THREAD HAD BEEN READ

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He said I can borrow the new trailer anytime! I do quite alot of stuff for/with him. He is also dog sitting for me for the next week.

He served in Germany. He likes my MVs, as do most of my neighbors.

I never hesitate to assist my neighbors with my MVs.:cool:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I see the word POLICE on the side of that wrecker? Someone impersonating a LEO?
I bought the truck from the Cincinnati Police Dept/Municipal shop. They had it on federal surplus loan since 1988 and used it in their impound lot. When they sold it, they only removed the City Police Badge stickers on the doors.

It's on both sides and the front. When I repaint it, I will remove it.

I asked my local police about it and they were not concerned with it. I know several of the local and state police in my area.

But don't forget, I AM the law, here on SS! :doghead:

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And now my attempt at humor.

Your on to me GE:cool:

Notice my "uniform".

After the trailer deal, I went inside and had a coffee and a donut...:mrgreen:

Attachments