• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Outfitting M1031 SECM

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings folks. I'm starting this in hopes of sharing ideas and pics of how you outfit your SECM. I will post some pics of mine the next time I go home. I'm sure many of you set these trucks up for specific duty and it would be cool to share the info.

Skinny

I will post up when I can snap some photos. Mine has been demoted to sitting in an apartment building complex parking lot pissing off the neighbors and detracting from property value...man I love that truck! I would like to see some M1031's in action with all the equipment listed on the placards. Not many turn up with a google image search.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can go take a picture of the 1031 body behind my barn. Will that help?

;-)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have set mine up to be my core tool crib and work center. All my tools and welding equipment is housed in the truck. I have installed a "shore power" transfer switch to power the welder and compressor from the shop circuits. Since my SECM doesn't leave the premises, this works out good for me. My only issue with the setup is the compressor does not have enough CFM for the 1" drive air impact. Still have to rely on the 7hp shop compressor for that tool. Also, getting the shield gas cylinder up on the horizontal rack is a backbreaker.

M1031CMT

Ours is outfitted for hauling tools and equipment to support the other vehicles as well as around the farm. Nothing special but we enjoy having the truck.

I can't find a picture of the truck completely outfitted, as we always set it up for what its needed before we leave. But it holds most everything. Some of the pics of the truck are before it got its camo job.

The truck hauling the expedition camper before we did a convoy to the latest MV meet.

m1031_1.jpg

The MEP903C we installed which replaced the old gas generator/welder combo (which was hacked to death and not working when we got it). Replacing the old generator caused the truck to loose a lot of weight. The new generator is still heavy but I am sure it weighs less than the old one.

m1031_10.jpg

The truck is wired that the generator can also power the house or anything else needed.

m1031_3.jpg

We have these outlets setup on both sides of the truck as well as in the rear for easy hookup of 120V or 240V

m1031_9.JPG

We also installed lights around the truck for use at night with switches on the dash for easy use.

m1031_5.JPGm1031_4.JPG

Drivers side of the truck with some gear. The drivers side mainly holds vehicle maintenance equipment.

m1031_2.JPG

On the passenger side we decided that a toolbox was in order to properly hold the hand tools and stop them from flying all over the place.

We had to cut out the back of the wall to get it to fit, but we were still happy with the result.

m1031_7.JPGm1031_8.JPG

You can also see in the second picture, above, at the top left hand of the tool box you can also see one of the interior lights that we installed to make working in the truck at night easier. The switch for the interior lights is with the generator control panel.

One interior shot. Most of the gear was removed when we took the picture (we had just installed the air reel). But there is usually a welder and portable torch pack in the back.

m1031_6.JPG

Like I said before, the outfitting of the truck depends on the situation. Some times it is crammed to the roof with truck parts. Other times it just has the basics as we just need the generator to power something. Last big job we used it for was to build new gates for the property. So it held the welders and other metal working equipment so that we could get the job done.

panzerwillie

need more room

Can never carried enough tools
20141204_095921.jpg20141204_095908.jpg20141204_095852.jpg20141204_095841.jpg20141204_095832.jpg20141204_095805.jpg
Thinking off replacing the GEN SET for a diesel generator welder, but it works good so i may just get a V205 inverter that will do aluminum tig and stick welding, i have a wire fitting in the truck already... will see...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will get pics of mine at first light. It's in it's infancy but coming along slowly. I refer to it as my "torch cart".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys suck. I might have to build a trailer with one of these.
Somewhere I have photochopped pics of a bobbed deuce with an SECM body on it. Gimp, if you get serious, I know where there is a body in west Dayton.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have to admit, the conversion of your truck to a "SECM" makes me want to do bad things to mine. Too bad mine's lifted.

Maybe I should ditch the CUCV/M35A2/HMMWV mutant project and just hack up my suburban into a CUCV clone.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See, if you had followed our lead and got a few platforms, the lifted thing wouldn't have mattered.

MatthewH

Kenny, if you can find them photo chopped pics, please post them. I'd thought a SECM on a duece would look pretty cool, and be handy too

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Somewhere I have photochopped pics of a bobbed deuce with an SECM body on it. Gimp, if you get serious, I know where there is a body in west Dayton.
Heh, me too. Thats what brought this on. Only problem is no place to mount a crane on it...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure you could do a crane. A little pickup crane right inside the back. Let me ask you this. Do you have a crane mounted to your toolbox? Probably not. Consider this a rollaway tool box like Steve's yellow one. Heck, might even go A3 or M105 chassis since you drive the deuce mostest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks