• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

Jakelc15

I was close. 59" wide rear door opening. 75" tall.

I left the rear floor area open so I can put a 4 wheeler in. These trailers are also set up to pull as doubles. I thought of hooking the M1061 up behind it. Carry ATV and have a rear porch while camping!

cucvrus

One more week till we are all up the creek

DSCF6528.jpgGet ready for Friday/Saturday/Sunday. One more week. Do you have your vehicle ready? Get ready, set , go, or stay on the porch and watch. So when your grand kids sit on your lap 10 years from now and ask you what were you doing during Rausch Creek spring 2016. You don't have to say I stayed home and painted my transfer case. Be prepared. Also if you can avoid traveling I 81 N from the Indiantown Gap exit to the Ravine exit. Do so at all cost. The Jersey barriers are up and in place and the traffic was backed up to a 20 mile long crawl at 10 mph just north of exit 90 and exit 100. South bound was wide open. Just a little tip. Get ready. I will have a trailer load of wood/1 HMMWV mag run-flat and mudflaps for Friday April 1st. The 330 gallon tote is gone. See you next week Friday night. I tried to pay my off road fee for Saturday April 2nd today and they do not allow that.

I have a buddy with a 46 willy's that thought about goin but doesn't want to get it all muddy It's not a show piece but is really nice and he mainly uses it as road cruiser. Are the trails going to be too much for him or is there bypasses for him to avoid bogging it?

Lukes_deuce

View attachment 614665Get ready for Friday/Saturday/Sunday. One more week. Do you have your vehicle ready? Get ready, set , go, or stay on the porch and watch. So when your grand kids sit on your lap 10 years from now and ask you what were you doing during Rausch Creek spring 2016. You don't have to say I stayed home and painted my transfer case. Be prepared. Also if you can avoid traveling I 81 N from the Indiantown Gap exit to the Ravine exit. Do so at all cost. The Jersey barriers are up and in place and the traffic was backed up to a 20 mile long crawl at 10 mph just north of exit 90 and exit 100. South bound was wide open. Just a little tip. Get ready. I will have a trailer load of wood/1 HMMWV mag run-flat and mudflaps for Friday April 1st. The 330 gallon tote is gone. See you next week Friday night. I tried to pay my off road fee for Saturday April 2nd today and they do not allow that.
Thanks for the heads up. I will change my route then and take the 80 to the 81 S and head that way. Last thing I want to do is sit in traffic on the last 20 miles. Or is the 501 an ok route to take instead of the 81?

cucvrus

Or is the 501 an ok route to take instead of the 81?

Not sure on that. If you have GPS just keep going and stay off I 81 north between Annville/Indiantown Gap and Ravine. The lady will keep saying recalculating and she may get mad but she will get you there. Good Luck.

Corvette1974

I have a buddy with a 46 willy's that thought about goin but doesn't want to get it all muddy It's not a show piece but is really nice and he mainly uses it as road cruiser. Are the trails going to be too much for him or is there bypasses for him to avoid bogging it?
It will definitely get dirty, but normally there is only about one water pit that we go through that is like 25 feet wide maybe a foot deep "clean water" not really mud. Not really a problem, even in a stock modern jeep. There are bypass routes, however.

cucvrus

DSCF6533.jpgToday I pulled Terminus M1009 out of the field. I cleaned up the windows and washed them inside and out. i cleaned the interior and brushed it out. It is all clean and ready to go. Saturday is fast approaching. I liked the rain today to get some mud brewed up. Get ready. I still have a rear seat that can haul 2 people. No crybabies allowed.

mikey

I would NOT bring my M38a1 there. Not a show piece, no way. If it was a beater, sure why not. It's not just about the mud, but there are a fare share of obstacles, even on the green trails, that may cause damage from flexing or rocks. Even some CUCV's and jeep Cherokee's leave there with damage from flexing or rocks.

Just my 2 cents.

Mikey

frantik

I cleaned up the windows and washed them inside and out. i cleaned the interior and brushed it out. It is all clean and ready to go.
Does that work fall under the quadruple PM check?

Over the weekend, I pulled all the rear axles and the driver's side hub cap to check the bearings and re-torqued them to spec. Everything looked great.

I park the truck about 80 miles from my house at my buddie's father's farm. I left the farm with an indicated 1/2 tank of fuel. 60 miles into the ride, the guage indicated just over a 1/4 tank. The fuel tank disagreed with the guage...

Fortunately, I found this out Saturday- near two truck stops. Fortunately, I didn't find out this weekend, instead.

I took the week off. I've been tying up loose ends- mainly creature comforts for the ride. Also driving it for errands to see if anything else pops-up before Thursday afternoon. Tic tic tic...

cucvrus

3 more days and a wake up. I cleaned the windows and cleaned the truck inside because I can not ride around in a dirty pigged up truck. I have a mink stole on the dash and that adds class to this fine machine. Terminus M1009 is a true testament to the fact that a completely stock CUCV M1009 can still be running/driving and wheeling everyday in 100% stock form 30 years later. I can not find one thing that has been modified in the complete electrical/fuel/glow plug system and it starts and runs like the day it was built. (Just like all of mine) This will be the second trip to the Creek for Terminus M1009. 1st one in October it performed without fail. I look forward to another day of fun. I did find a few weak links in the vehicle. U joints and a bent cut crossmember but all have been fixed and replaced. A lot of new replacement parts. Good luck on your journey east. I will see you Friday with the firewood and other goodies. Drive Safely.

frantik

Can't wait to see you and Terminus, as well.

I was just messin' with you about the windows and stuff. I've been heeding all of the advice I've been given from you guys about getting ready. It's been a great experience just preparing the truck. If the wheeling is half as fun as it was working on the truck, it'll be worth the effort!

cucvrus

I have thick skin. I do not get offended easily by jokes and picking. It is just plain stupidity , poor advise and lack of experienced knowledge that I find offensive. Like people telling you, me and others something that they heard and never experienced them self. They just heard it and it is the Biblical truth. Happens a lot with CUCV's. Like they are great white buffalos that need special attention. Face it they are just off the shelf Chevy trucks with a differnt electrical system and a few bolt on options.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I'm out this time guys, work has reared it's ugly head and I can't take the weekend (or even one of the days) off. Have fun, I'll see you all next time around....

Jakelc15

It doesn't look like any events are going on at the park this weekend. Shouldn't be crowded.
If a M1008/1009 is a fullsize, then what is a 5 ton? Lol

cucvrus

Oversized/Supersized/Large Marge / To Bucoo / M1009 is the right size. Only because that is what I have to drive. I usually have a 5 ton just follow me as a winch. :)

cucvrus

my one buddy
You only have one buddy. I feel for you man. :)I am not backing out. I am bringing several guys with me with vehicles. Left the Gals at home for the weekend. I even have one Friend that volunteered to load Terminus M1009 on a trailer and bring it up for me. Saves me from lugging the towbar and the hassle of hooking it up and unhooking it.

Just funning with you. See you Friday night and then I am going home to sleep. We will all be back in the AM bright and early. It is to close for me to sleep out in the cold. Those days are over. Been there done that. I like the house to much to sleep in the woods.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks