• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paragraph separation

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't want to hijack, but maybe this is somewhat related. This has bothered me for a long time, and it happens on other websites also.

When I finish a sentence, I add punctuation(period, exclamation point, etc.) and then I add two spaces before a new sentence. This is the correct form for writing. However, when I post the reply, the double space after a sentence changes to one space. Why can't I properly add a double space after a sentence?

This post was written with double space after a sentence and two carriage returns (enter key) between paragraphs.
(Using Internet Explorer 8 )

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same issue with Firefox earlier today. It was during the Chrome outage/issue.

I have to support multiple browsers, so I run all three (IE, Chrome and Firefox) on my Win7 desktop.

Just posted this with firefox.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've noticed the elimination of one of the spaces in a double space after a sentence myself.

And earlier today I had the paragraph spacing removed making the post one block.

Using Fire Fox 26.

Previewing OK now.

3dAngus

Could it be related to your personal settings.
Word spell, and other help assist programs can be set up to help or hurt with pronunciation, grammar, spelling, typos, passwords, spell completions, etc.

I am not having problems that I know of, with either Google Chrome or IE.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express once.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't want to hijack, but maybe this is somewhat related. This has bothered me for a long time, and it happens on other websites also.

When I finish a sentence, I add punctuation(period, exclamation point, etc.) and then I add two spaces before a new sentence. This is the correct form for writing. However, when I post the reply, the double space after a sentence changes to one space. Why can't I properly add a double space after a sentence?

This post was written with double space after a sentence and two carriage returns (enter key) between paragraphs.
Does it also change the pronunciation of aluminum? Just wondering! :whistle:

3dAngus

I had one that would change pecan to pecon, but still spelled as pecan.

I really had trouble getting that one out of my head. I think it had to do with the writer as well, in copying and pasting his reply. He was from the North, while I was from the South. These computers are really really smart. Some day, they are going to take over the world.

For now, they just get in your head.

(Yeah, pronunciation was a bit much. I don't think I meant to put pronunciation in my post)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remind me next year around the fire, about what the Judge told me, about how to say pecan.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I thought I was the only person who did the double space after a sentence. :)

Does it also change the pronunciation of aluminum? Just wondering! :whistle:

Aluminium? What's the problem?

steelypip

The two-spaces thing is an old rule from typing class. A left over from fixed pitch fonts. It is going away as people use word processing software, or typesetting software that figures out all that stuff for you.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
So if someone never learned to type, they do not need to worry about the double space thing as it was a old rule for typing class that I passed not because I could type but could I could fix royal typewriters.

Barrman

I posted in another thread from home with Safari and everything worked as it was supposed to. It really must be the stupid work computer.

Thanks for the help.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So if someone never learned to type, they do not need to worry about the double space thing as it was a old rule for typing class that I passed not because I could type but could I could fix royal typewriters.
Exactly!!

It's like when wreckerman gave you an official degree in cifering from Alabama state when you fixed his abacus.:papabear:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks