• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2009-First Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy

srodocker

was fun guys! even though i left in elma following the convoy was fun! yes we did get a fair share of exhaust as we had the A/c going my gf and I would get a gust of diesel exhaust hahah i loved it she hated it :). Next time we do something maybe i'll have one :) cant wait to see pics!

Alex400

was fun guys! even though i left in elma following the convoy was fun! yes we did get a fair share of exhaust as we had the A/c going my gf and I would get a gust of diesel exhaust hahah i loved it she hated it :). Next time we do something maybe i'll have one :) cant wait to see pics!
ahaha you didn't get the half of it. at least it was flat where you were. going between aberdeen and raymond were some serious hills, and those trucks would really lay some coal going up them. i had to stop at one point because it got to be a bit much after we started heading to napavine. i figured out that if i saw a hill coming i could lay back and watch without getting completely fumigated lol. It was pretty sweet and the drone of those 7 deuces and the 5 ton pulling those hills was awesome.

Last edited:

kurtkds

I'm sorry that I missed out. I went to preflight the Deuce Friday night, hit the starter got a clunk and no more.

Pulled the battery tray out and found a bulging smoking battery. :evil::evil::evil:
Can't wait to see the pics.

ABN173

Aaron,

Most of you here on SS don't know it but I support my mother who is no longer able to work, for this reason we do not get to do to many fun events. This was great for my family it was something that we were able to do as a family and it only cost us a tiny bit in fuel cost. Thank you and your family for hosting this event.....you all went out of your way to make us feel like we were at a family reunion rather than a group of guys that hardly know each other. I know there were some expenses on your part such as the portable bathroom rental and all the food and drinks. Wow Aaron you guys have our heartfelt thanks and appreciation!

*Break*

Srodocker- you and Danielle (not sure if I got her name right) missed the better part of the event it was great to hang out with and have a few beers with everyone, getting to know everyone and exchanging stories.....well I found that the people that owned all the trucks are really a great bunch to hang out with!

All- I'll post my pics soon:-D

Dale, Pam, and Maria

AaronW

Aaron,

Thank you and your family for hosting this event.....you all went out of your way to make us feel like we were at a family reunion rather than a group of guys that hardly know each other. I know there were some expenses on your part such as the portable bathroom rental and all the food and drinks. Wow Aaron you guys have our heartfelt thanks and appreciation!

Dale, Thanks very much for the kind words. It was our pleasure to have your family over. We are glad that you guys had a good time. We'll look forward to next time!

Josh

yeh i have to say hammer is probably one of the nices guys ive met. on my way up there about 30 miles from them my Alt belts snapped, i didnt have a spare pair because i had just put those on last week and handnt got around to getting them yet, big mistake i know. happened to spot hammer and his wife flying up I-5 and after some phonecalls we took his CUCV to a autoparts store(not a napa :cry:) well we got some belts that we thought would work, but they were too long, luckly they were tight enought to get the water pump moving so we limped the truck there and after about 6-8 trys of testing differnt length belts we finally got one that would work.

all in all it was a very good weekend, i owe hammer and aaron a debt of graditiude, hammer for getting my truck rolling again, and aaron for loaning me some cash to get it home as i spent my fuel money on a set of belts.

btw did yall get 5ton tomatoes truck back safely

wsucougarx

Ok, here are the pics I had on my camera. I attempted to get my wife's pics of her camera but computer kept timing out. Hmmm, could it be the 1711 pics on her little SD Card? She's going to take her card to Walmart and get them burned on a CD so I can extract them. In the meantime, here are some pics

Attachments

wsucougarx

1- Rob's (OD North) gets ready to go topless
2- CSM Garcia checking things out
3-
5-
6- Gotta love the deuce, hmm got goggles?
7-
8-
9-
10- Headed out with AaronW in the lead then wsucougarx

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

1- Taxiing out of Cabela's
2- AaronW in the lead with my dedicated wife on the side of the road taking pics, did I mention she took around 190 pics?
3- Safety check/break in Raymond
4- Drooling over Edward's (Hammer) 818 monster truck
5-
6- Headed towards Aaron's place
7- The masses make their way onto Aaron's 5 acre motorpool area
8-
9-
10-

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Oh, when I do have some time. I am going to attempt combine the two camcorder tapes into one and make a video. I'm a novice now, so it'll take some time. CSM Garcia told me about Microsoft Moviemaker or something like that. I'll give it a try:wink:. I've got everyone's addresses so when this lengthy production is completed, I'll send it on it's way. Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks