• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2009-First Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy

Alex400

Oh, when I do have some time. I am going to attempt combine the two camcorder tapes into one and make a video. I'm a novice now, so it'll take some time. CSM Garcia told me about Microsoft Moviemaker or something like that. I'll give it a try:wink:. I've got everyone's addresses so when this lengthy production is completed, I'll send it on it's way. Mike
Awesome! thanks for all of the pictures. It was quite a time. I can't wait to see the video footage that she took.

Thanks again!

Alex

wsucougarx

Ok here is another set of exhaustive pics from my wife's camera. I was determined to not let the computer and camera defeat me:wink: I apologize if they are repeats. I'm under the impression that this is the most heavily photo documented convoy in Steelsoldier history:wink:

wsucougarx

1- Making my approach to Cabela's at 0925 hrs. I'm a little early
2- My son and I waiting for the others
3- L-R Alan, Maurice (5 Ton Tomatoe), Mike (wsucougarx), Jim (JimB) sorry Jim I'm hiding you, Alex (Alex400), Rob (OD North), Dale (ABN173)
4- Yep, standing around like a bunch of state workers:)
5- L-R Jim(JimB), Rob (OD North), Maria (ABN173's daughter), Alex (Alex400), Aaron (AaronW), Mike (wsucougarx), Maurice (5 Ton Tomatoe), Alan (5 Ton's son)
6-You get the idea
7-
8- Alex and Mike shootin' the breeze
9- The two girls washing the street:)

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

yes some more pics
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7- Alan, Maurice, Tammy
8- Aaron and Mike proudly displaying their convoy pins
9- Scott (Srodocker) and his significant other
10- Are you lookin' at me? Huh?? LOL

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

1- Aaron and his wife Amber
2- I'm placing the last sign on the rear of the truck. Everyone had a sign to honor this soldier
3-
4- My daughter loving on ABN173's dogs
5- L-R Rob (OD North),Civvy, Dale (ABN173), Amber, Aaron, Tim from 2nd Ranger Batt
6- My son feasting on kettle popcorn
7- Uh Bethanie you better not be feeding those dogs:)
8- Checking out Rick's (Heavymetal) toolbox. Funny thing is this truck helped to jump my Exodus (Band) truck in DEC08
9- MV's making their approach
10-

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

more more more pics
1- Highly sophisticated dash mounted camcorder, heck why buy a new one when this 10 year old Sony still works
2- 5 Ton Tomatoe's deuce
3- OD North's deuce
4- wsucougarx's deuce
5- AaronW's deuce
6- AaronW
7- OD North's topless deuce..Rob stated he couldn't hear his multifuel over the wind noise...HUH!?!?! eh?
8- 5 Ton Tomatoe passing by
9- 5 ton Tomatoe's wife providing chase
10- USMC Deuce Cpl passing on by

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Convoying from Cabela's to Aberdeen WA for PFC Aaron Fairbairn's memorial. Unfortunately we missed the memorial. However, with our MV's parked outside the memorial location, the family of PFC Fairbairn drove up in the limo's to see our line-up in honor of him. It was a pretty somber moment as they were just returning from burying him w/full military honors. Last couple shots show us convoying from Aberdeen to Raymond.
1- Taking the offramp in Elma to meet up w/Edward (Hammer), his wife Danielle, and Josh
2- Mike (wsucougarx) driving through
3- Hey Dave, I did wear a uniform afterall...from the waist up anyways:)
4-
5- Waiting at PFC Aaron Fairbairn's memorial service at Aberdeen High School
6- Lined up in front of Aberdeen High School w/PFC Fairbairn's family driving in
7-
8-
9- In South Aberdeen headed southbound to Raymond
10-

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Family photo time. Taken in Raymond, WA at some parking lot.
1- Aaron (AaronW) and his wife amber
2- Dale with his wife Pam and daughter Maria
3- Rick (Heavymetal)
4- Josh (Josh)
5- Maurice (5_Ton_Tomatoe) with his wife Tammy and son Alan
6- Rob (OD North) made the drive from BC, Canada for the convoy. He proudlly shows his colors
7- Mike (wsucougarx), his lovely wife Tiffanie (rolling media woman), and son James
8- Edward (Hammer) and his wife Danielle
9- Dave(USMC Deuce Cpl) and his son Gavin
10- Alex (Alex400)

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

1- Convoying from Raymond to Aaron's place in Napavine
2- Same
3- Uh oh time for 5 ton Tomatoe's deuce, bearings fried. Tire barely on truck. Time to find parts.
4- Ed (Hammer) quickly takes the hub/bearings off of Aaron's spare deuce to get 5 ton Tomatoes truck on the road
5- Ed provides the hands on workshop part of the day...only his hand were the only hands on;-)
6- Ok got the parts, now it's time to turn & burn and backtrack 1.5 hours back to the deuce....they had a long day
7- Relaxing, feeding our faces, and Rob discussing the War of 1812, eh?
8- Dave and his son
9- Grinning from ear to ear is Alex. Just enjoyed his first ever M35A2 drive and is loving it!!!!
10- Ah finally back from recovering 5 ton Tomatoes deuce. Aaron whips up a short order for Danielle

Attachments

Last edited:

srodocker

doesnt work for me on the vid!!!
i see im in like 3 pics!! woohoooo yea it sucks i couldnt stay longer wish i could have! next time i will be the first there and last 2 leave!! unless its someones house..then i'll be second to last! haha

Alex400

doesnt work for me on the vid!!!
i see im in like 3 pics!! woohoooo yea it sucks i couldnt stay longer wish i could have! next time i will be the first there and last 2 leave!! unless its someones house..then i'll be second to last! haha
Yeah it doesn't seem to just play, but if you click the name of the file, it will download to your desktop.

bigelk50

Well guys it looks like you had a great time!! I really wish I could have made it to the rally. Next year I will. Thanks for sharing and great pics!!!

wsucougarx

Hey Reub, we had a great time indeed. My face still hurts from grinning so much. You will definately need to make it next year. I have a feeling next year's convoy will be much larger.

bigelk50

Mike, I bet your face hurts still. I would have been drooling the whole time. I hope that next year is bigger. The more the better. Hey did Todd make it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks