• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

AaronW

Here we go again!

Come one! Come all! This thread is to announce the third annual Chehalis River Valley Military Vehicle Convoy and Camp Out.

When: 15-17 July 2011 (Third Weekend in July)(You have tons of time to make plans!)

Where: At AaronW's in Napavine, WA. Please PM me if you need my address.

Who: Open to all MV operators and enthusiasts. We prefer that you have an MV to drive or ride in, but realize that everyone may not have full blown OD Fever. Feel free to fall in behind the convoy in a civvy ride or chase vehicle if you can handle the exhaust. We have been known to fumigate entire towns!

Why: We have alot of SS members and M715Zoners and other club members in WA/OR/ID/MT/CA/Canada that need to get together and meet. And.......FUN!!

Organizers: AaronW(Aaron), wsucougarx(Mike), Hammer(Ed). Feel free to PM any of us if you have a question.

Distance: Parade drive 5 miles/
Convoy Details: My thoughts on the convoy this year are mixed. Year one we did a looonnngg convoy. Year two was about 70 miles total and seemed to work out very well. I'm looking very hard at fuel prices being a larger factor this year. I'm wondering out loud here if everybody might enjoy a shorter convoy route that took us on kind of a historical tour of the downtowns of Lewis County. We could roll through Winlock/Vader/Toledo/Chehalis/Centralia. The only danger here is some stop lights and left turns, but I can map a route to minimize that. If you were with us either of the last two years, I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Shoot me a PM.

***7/12**Ed(Hammer) has come up with a good route for this year. He has posted(#'s 401&409) a google map of the route. We will have paper copies here for handouts.***

Schedule of Events(tentative and subject to change)

THURS- All Day: Early Arrivals
Evening: Final Set-up
Night: Camp Fire

FRI- All Day: Arrivals
All Day: Swap Meet
1800: Dinner at the MKT
1900: Camp Fire

SAT- 0000- 1030 Arrivals
0800-0900 Breakfast at the MKT
1000-1030 Drive to Parade start/Parade Line-up
1100-???? Napavive Fun Time Festival Parade
1200-1300 Lunch(Cold cuts/chips/snacks/soda avail at MKT)
1330 Line up for Convoy
1345-1700 CONVOY
1800 Dinner at the MKT( BBQ with all the fix'ens)
Voting for awards
1930 Camp Fire/Awards Ceremony

SUN- All Day Departures
All Day Swap Meet
0700 Sunday Service for those interested.
0800 Breakfast at the MKT
0930 Cold Cuts etc for build you own lunch
1000-1300 OFF-ROAD EVENT
1400 Re-Group at Aaron's
1700 Dinner for those still here. Clean up of Leftovers!
1800 Camp Fire

MON- A.M. Late Departures

PNW-2009-First Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy Check out the first event.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...-valley-mv-convoy-camp-out.html?highlight=pnw The Second one was even better than the first! (17,639 views on this one. Popular to say the least even if 9,381 views were from srodocker!):shock::p

*I will have at least 2 port-a-pots this year. Maybe 3. One will be ladies only! Lesson Learned!*

-wsucougarx(Mike) will be updating our running roster on post #2. Please chime in with a post on the thread or send Mike a PM indicating your status and the vehicle(s) you intend to bring/drive.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

As Aaron stated above please post a thread or shoot me a PM stating if you plan on attending or maybe attending. Let me know what you plan on driving (trailer?), where you are driving from, and your current or previous military status (ie: Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Retired). As per plan last year, we would like to honor our Veteran's by placing them at the front of the column.

******************************2011 PNW Convoy Roster*******************************
Roster Last Updated: 15JUL11
*****CONFIRMED LIST*****
MEMBER-------------MV/TRAILER---------STATUS------------OUT OF AREA------------MILITARY STATUS

AaronW-------------M35A2/trailer-----------Yes-------------------Local--------------------Veteran
wsucougarx +3------M109A3/105-----------Yes---------------------LoCl---------------Reserves
Hammer-------------XM818-------------------Yes-------------------Local--------------------Veteran
ABN173 +2---------M1008------------------Yes-------------------JBLM---------------------Active
Varyag--------------M35A2------------------Yes----------------Garfield,WA---------------Veteran
64c30---------------M814--------------------Yes----------------Pacific, WA----------------Veter
AN/ARC186 +1-------M35A2---------------Yes----------------Graham, WA----------------Veteran
USMC deuce cpl----M35A2/M105A2------Yes----------------Seattle, WA----------------Veteran
BadMastard-----------M35A3---------------Yes----------------SLC, UT---------------------Veteran
fortpowell +1-------M35A2 w/M105------Yes-----------------Tacoma, WA---------------Veteran
SFGABN@5-+2-----M35A3-----------------Yes-----------------Local-----------------------Veteran/Retiree
Heavymetal---------M35A2/105-----------Yes---------------Tumwater, WA------------Veteran/Retiree
HardhatD---------HMMWV------------Yes-----------Seattle, WA-------------Veteran
Jodie--------------------M151A2-------------Yes----------------SLC, UT----------------------?????
Buz49---------------CUCV w/M101----------Yes----------Battleground, WA--------------?????
Donna--------------M1009 w/trailer--------Yes----------------Pacific, WA-------------------NO
one eye------------M35A2-------------------Yes-------------Puyallup,WA--------------------NO
srodocker +1------M35A2/trailer-----------Yes------------Steilacoom, WA-----------------NO
Josh-----------------M35A2-----------------Yes----------------Portland,OR--------------------NO
Jeepngirl------------M1009------------------Yes-------------------Local------------------------NO
odnorth-------------M35A2C----------------Yes---------------Abbottsford, BC---------------NO
Amer-Team--------Military ?----------------Yes-------------------Local------------------------NO
Scoutmanadam----M35A2-----------------Yes-------------------Pasco, WA------------------NO
quarkz--------------??????----------------Yes------------------Kennewick, WA---------------NO
mobileauto2000 +1-M35a2---------------Yes-------------------Springfield, OR---------------NO
Reo54+1----------Fire M35A2 w/tlr?-----Yes-----------------Lopez Island, WA-------------??
89m1007+1-------M1007----------------Yes-----------------Kettle Falls, WA---------------??
chris4amd +1------M109A3-----------------Yes------------------?????, OR-----------------??
goodguyzy +2------M35A3-----------------Yes-----------------Medford/Bend,OR-------------No
jp-234 +1------------M35A2----------------Yes------------------Canby, OR---------------------No
kaiserjeeps +1-----M35A2----------------Yes-----------------Portland, OR--------------------------?????
Zackridesred +2----M35a2-------------------Yes-----------------Olympia, WA-----------------No
Alex400--------------Civy-------------------Yes------------------Seattle---------------------(CV)
Frank +2-------------Civy-------------------Yes-----------------Aberdeen,WA-----------------(CV)
Matt-------------------Civy------------------Yes-----------------Cosi, WA------------------------(CV)
Tammy +1------------Civy------------------Yes----------------Hoquiam, WA-------------------(CV)

(CV)= Civilian Vehicle (in the rear of the column)

*****POSSIBLE LIST*****

MEMBER--_-----------MV/TRAILER---------------STATUS-----------------OUT OF AREA---------------MILITARY STATUS

Yarder--------------------M38a1------------------Possible---------------Montesano, WA-----------------------?????
mightymanx-----------M109A3------------------Possible---------------PNW somewhere----------------------??????
ACBMWM#------------???????-------------------Possible-----------------Seattle. wa---------------------------??????
s1036s--------------M35A2----------------------Possible----------------Everett, WA----------------------------??????
panshark--------------Civy-----------------------Possible----------------Idaho Falls, ID-------------------------NO

**Not Attending List**

Elkhunter--------------Civy--------------------No Go-------------------E. Helena, MT-----------------------Veteran (CV)
DanMartin------------M35A2C-----------------No Go-------------------Portland, OR--------------------------?????
Waayfast-------------M35A2-------------------No Go-------------------Lake Fork, ID-------------------------?????
Wolfen----------------WC53--------------------No Go-----------------Woodburn, OR-----------------------Guard
rattlecan6104-------M35A2--------------------No Go-----------------Oak Harbor, WA----------------------Active
Beerslayer-----------M35A2--------------------No Go------------------Tualatin, OR--------------------------??????
wiggall---------------M35A2--------------------No Go---------------------Idaho------------------------------??????
Stan Leschert-------M--------------------------No Go-------------North Vancouver, BC-------------------Canadian Army
hwcurtice------------Civy-----------------------No Go-----------------------WA--------------------------------???????
Yarder----------------M38a1-------------------No Go---------------Montesano, WA-----------------------?????
Medic5050 +1------Civy-----------------------No Go----------------Portland Area----------------(CV)

Post #345: Southbound I-5 convoy details for 16JUL morning on our way to Napavine details.

If you are on the LIST thank you for your response. You are good to go. If you are not on the list and plan on attending PLEASE let either myself, Aaron or Ed know!! It would be good to have a head count for the parade and give the chefs a heads up as far as food:smile:

CONVOY/PARADE ASSIGNMENTS:

FOR THIS YEAR'S CONVOY/PARADE WE WILL BE PASSING OUT FALL-IN #'S. IT IS OUR DESIRE TO HONOR THOSE VETERANS AND HONOR THOSE WHO ARE CURRENTLY SERVING OUR ARMED FORCES. THESE STEEL SOLDIER MEMBERS WILL BE HONORED AT THE FRONT OF THE PARADE BEHIND OUR LEAD TRUCK AARONW. FALL IN #'S WILL BE HANDED OUT AT OUR MUSTER

WARNING ORDER:
It is imperative that each MV operator do a COMPLETE safety check on their trucks! With the anticipated huge turnout this year, Mr Murphy may want to show his ugly head.

Convoy gear list:

-FRS/GMRS type radios for convoy/parade comms (ie: Motorola Talk-about type radios)-great to have for each truck. They are relatively inexpensive but could prove invaluable for emergencies (ie: warning the driver in front of you of issue with their truck, emergency head stop, approaching emergency vehicles, etc)
-Convoy signs- with the anticipated large turnout, good idea to let those civvy units on the road know what's coming or what's ahead.

*For those out of the area. Location listed so you can convoy together. Best to have backup for your travels. Two is one and One is none.

Last edited:

srodocker

ooo third post!

m35a2 w/trailer +1 person

also when is the Arlington airshow. i defiantly want to do that again and encourage others to as well!

AaronW

You guys going to post a cpl ideas that we had flowing or wait till it gets closer?
patience grasshopper....we just wanted to let everybody know waaaaaay in advance for summer planning. Mike did pass your ideas to me a few days ago. Keep watching as the master plan unfolds in the next couple months.

srodocker

haha im just bored sitting at home. gf is watching her shows as i sit on the computer. she did ride with me all day so she gets to watch what she wants

saved this space for whatever reason:)
Hello from the Montana contingent! Reporting for duty for the PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis Riiver Valley M/V Convoy&Campout. Bringing the 5th wheel again. wsucougarx or Aaron if you can PM an address to me I'll mail you both a copy of the actual footage of last years convoy. I can't remember if I sent it to you. You could then post the video on this thread if there is a way. We are making a firm commitment to be there. Just my wife and I unless I can talk my friend and his wife from Curlew,Washington to attend. He is a Ham radio operator and has two portable radio units. He was a radio operator in the Army during the Viet Nam War .Hoping I can talk him into coming. We will also be going to the Arlington Air and Military Vehicle Show. I'm wondering if Rob (odnorth) is in need of an assistant driver for the parade and convoy. Going to the Arizona Military Vehicle Show in Phoenix on the 22nd of January. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! wsucougarx Now you know why you left this space!!! He! He11 elkhunter PS: We are coming from (The Gates of the Mountains) near Helena, Montana, the birthplace of the U.S. Army Special Forces also known as the "Devils Brigade" which was comprised of American and Canadian soldiers during WW2.

Last edited:

Hammer

Danielle might be able to bring the M1009 this time if we can get the transmission rebuilt in time.
Well, I REALLY would like to bring a M920, but I doubt I will have the cash in time (never know, I bought the 818 and got it home only 2 weeks before making the first trip up.... )

srodocker

920....:lol: i want one with a deuce bed. shoot brad still has one of the mvtr beds that folds down for 400$!!!

btw that pump setup you bought from brad. i think i found another one in his yard and he says 60$...he says its a pump to pump fuels and water. would that be the same one you have? i want to get one for my oil trailer setup im going to be working on.

Hammer

$60! Grab it, or grab it and I will pay you for it.

BUT, get the hoses that work with it. Remember those big non collapsable hoses I got my last trip to Brad's?
Those pumps are INSANE when they are pumping something thin like water/fuel. I pumped out a couple thousand gallons of water in a VERY short period of time with mine.
It isn't as fast with WMO, but it is fast enough to make a HUGE mess in a nano second. (read, the back of Danielle's deuce is now well rust-proofed... :( )

As for the 920, I want one to WORK. I will put a sleeper on it and start using it. My 818 is just too darn slow and low powered to make money with. But the 920 would be perfect!
Hmm, buy my 818 and I will go get a 920 ;)

srodocker

hahah i have to put 46's on my deuce! hrm i wonder if he has any hoses for it. another thing i dont think this one is used with a slave cable. im going to also by a 12v 1.5k gene for 100$ would that run it?

Varyag

I will be there of course. This time without bald tires and a radio mount w/vic-1 for extra fun. I doubt I will be able to source a PRC-77 in time but I will have a slot if we want coms.

I will have the Family in tow this time with a mini van. (Not in the convoy. We'll pile everyone in the deuce.)

M35a2

If I get a trailer in time, I will be loaded up with oil again.

-edit I see you lurking Scott.

Last edited:

srodocker

nice! and if you buy a trailer of fort lewis matt i will pick it up for you and store it at dans as he said he someone needs to store one hes good to go. so bid away!

Varyag

I need one here to load the barrels into. I just don't want the mess in the back of my truck again.

I have glad hands this time too. No more screaming deuces to power the pumps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks