• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

Josh

Yep, its mine..... Makes me wonder what that loud thunk I heard is now. I figured it was the lugnut.....

And Ive alrdy got it replaced and took a 1in impact to the rest of them to get em torqued good.

64c30

I would laugh, but I didn't do all that well this year....

Nor did I.

As it turns out, the radiator's a repop made in Thailand, made of very good copper and brass. The weak point is the cheap solder holding it together. It was separating on the left where the hot transmission and oil cooler inlet lines attach, softening the solder.

Amer-team

Sorry for the delay, but here are a few pics from Saturday.

Attachments

Amer-team

Here is the second installment.
Special thanks to Aaron and Amber for taking the time to organize and put this event on.
I counted about 25 vehicles in and around the event and I think there was about 23 or so in the parade. It was an impressive sight with all those 2 1/2 and 5 tonners. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

ZackRidesRed

Nor did I.

As it turns out, the radiator's a repop made in Thailand, made of very good copper and brass. The weak point is the cheap solder holding it together. It was separating on the left where the hot transmission and oil cooler inlet lines attach, softening the solder.

If you are able to get it re-soldered have you considered mounting an external transmission cooler? maybe a engine oil cooler? it will also help the life of your transmission, it sounds like your transmission got really hot going up the steep hills. 2cents

64c30

If you are able to get it re-soldered have you considered mounting an external transmission cooler? maybe a engine oil cooler? it will also help the life of your transmission, it sounds like your transmission got really hot going up the steep hills. 2cents
Good idea.
I could, but it doesn't get used enough to justify the cost. The tranny oil is still a bright red and doesn't smell burnt.

Amer-team

The OFM event on the 27th looks to be fun. Guess I better get it on a thread. They are looking for all types of vehicles and military is definitly invited. There is the steam threshing bee in Toledo that day as well. It is usually fun as they have a swap meet along with it that is good for finding a few items that we all need..

srodocker

Me and josh will be at the oregon dunes this upcoming weekend the 18th-20th.

if anyone wants to come send me a pm. i'll have the deuce + camper and 2 quads for me and the girl

also check my signature for the mini rally thread!

Amer-team

McChord is usally a great airshow for the people and not so great for those of us doing military displays or bringing vehicles. Their biggest problem is that they change people every couple of years and do not keep continuity like Ft. Lewis does, by using MWR. I have displayed at every airshow since 84 and they have had issues every time. Althought last time we were invited and the 446th Airlift stepped up and did a great job of taking care of us. Bottom line is watch
what they are saying and doing when you are trying to get signed up for this one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks