• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

ABN173

Mike and Aaron,

Of course I'm in! M1008 and family

There is a new guy that just showed up to my unit driving a lifted M1009 with Texas plates. He said he had a bobbed Deuce but he did not want to drive it cross country so it was sold due to PCS move. He also said he is not a member here but is a MVPA member. I found that odd since MVPA guys normally frown on mods like that. Anyway he seems like a nice guy so I will be steering him over to the site and I will see if he wants to attend.

-Dale

Varyag

I got a 105 today so that more then likely means I'll be bringing waste oil too.

I felt like I was floating back there in all the fums last year.

Last edited:

Hammer

Just be glad we ran the convoy BEFORE we put that stuff in the 818's tank!
I think I would have been moved to the BACK of that line ASAP if I was smoking that bad! ;)

Trailers are great for collecting WMO though. Keeps the mess out of the truck, and lets you unhook from it and go play without the possibility of a hazmat incident.....

Amer-team

Please count me in. I am not sure what, but will drive something military. Will make a decision as the time gets closer, depending on what is running at the time. Don't have an airshow to contend with this year so should be in for the duration.
Am not former military, just like green stuff.

Hammer

Well, just got the rebuilt transmission back in the M1009.
So maybe this year it will make the convoy and not just the parade!

AaronW

Updated Event Schedule! Planning is in progress. Please check post #1

Amber and I are going to provide a ton more eats this year. I have duped some family and friends into helping with cooking duties.:-D

There will also be "Self Serve" food available 24/7 except during scheduled meals. You will be able to step up in the MKT and fix a sandwich or grab a soda/water and some chips or a granola bar or fruit or whatever. I hope this helps logistics planning on your end.

Last edited:
O.K., last year one of our gracious members (thank you James and Amy) had the perfect idea. I know it was a fight to even get you guys to do it, but please at least tell me there will be a "meal donation" receptacle. I know, not required or needed, but those of us that can / will help out, would be more than willing to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks