• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

Stan Leschert

Is anyone going to the Arlington Airshow with a spare Cargo Strap for sale? PM me if so. I can't make it down, but a buddy will be taking a really sweet WC-51 and might be able bring one back for me. Ours got boosted when we were out doing a display for Remembrance Day, and I'd like to get the M-135 back to abnornal!

wsucougarx

******Attention Southbound I-5/Olympia Area Steelsoldiers*******

All Steelsoldiers heading down Saturday morning from the Olympia area or north. Our plan is to meet up together so we can convoy down I-5 to Napavine. My plan is to make our arrival into the Napavine AO at 0900 hrs. In order to do this, I am setting up a rally point at Exit 99 at 0700hrs with a departure time AT 0730 hrs. I will need to play the exact location by ear as both truck stops were full of sleeping trucks last year. I ended up parking on the shoulder on the exit 99 off-ramp. There are two truck stops at exit 99. I will either be at the truck stop just off the off ramp -OR- I will be on the off ramp itself. I know Srodocker will be bringing a column from Tacoma Mall area.

If you plan on meeting up with the rest of us at EXIT 99 Saturday morning of 16JUL between 0700-0730hrs, please respond to this thread pushing the "Thank" button below. I just want an approximate headcount, know who to look for, and pass any updates to the plan to your PM should any changes come up.

When convoying south we will maintain a slowest enough speed so everyone can keep up. I don't want to loose anyone (insert mother duck;-) ).

Exit 99 is just south of Tumwater on I-5

Attachments

Last edited:

64c30

This'll probably ruffle some feathers, but a treasure trove, at least 150 ea, of deuce tires (9.00x20) on 6 hole rims was located in Portland today at $60.00 for tire AND rim. From what I could see when passing them, they all look new to fairly new. Not to say there aean't any, but I didn't see any 5 ton tires or rims. If anybody's interested, PM me and I'll send location and contact info. I'll also post info on my clubs forum.

I'll be coming out of Springfield Or. and would love company on the way up and if not would like to meet up with the Portland convoy.

Thanks John

3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

WolfWalking

Would towing my stripped down 63 frame be ok? I may have to tow it with the Harley, but its something I guess, LOL. Yeah, like thats going to happen. Have to get busy on the blasted 63 and at least make it driveable :deadhorse:

Attachments

goodguyzy

theres nothing wrong with driving a civi rig

Setting up a north convoy, when is everyone from the portland area plan on leaving?

Last edited:
Would towing my stripped down 63 frame be ok? I may have to tow it with the Harley, but its something I guess, LOL. Yeah, like thats going to happen. Have to get busy on the blasted 63 and at least make it driveable :deadhorse:
Duct tape a milk crate to the frame and drive it up. It will be a big hit in the parade.:razz:

Oh and a huge American Flag mounted on a pole. Want to use something stronger than duct tape for that.

Have a great weekend
John

John 13:1 Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.