• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

AaronW

Here we go again!

Come one! Come all! This thread is to announce the fourth annual Chehalis River Valley Military Vehicle Convoy and Camp Out.

When: 19-22 July 2012 (Third Weekend in July)

Where: At AaronW's in Napavine, WA. Please PM me if you need my address.

Who: Open to all MV operators and enthusiasts. We prefer that you have an MV to drive or ride in, but realize that everyone may not have full blown OD Fever. Feel free to fall in behind the convoy in a civvy ride or chase vehicle if you can handle the exhaust. We have been known to fumigate entire towns!

Why: We have alot of SS members and M715Zoners and other club members in WA/OR/ID/MT/CA/Canada that need to get together and meet. And.......FUN!!

$$$Cost$$$: FREE!! All events and meals are no charge. If you want, and many do, feel free to make a donation that helps us offset some of the costs for food and bathrooms. We will have a coffee can set aside in or near the MKT. Amber and I enjoy hosting an "all inclusive" event. The goal is to get as many rigs and people/families as possible! With the high cost of fuel and the hobby in general, its enough that you all just show up. The more, the merrier is our motto.

Food: All meals from Friday lunch through Sunday Dinner are cooked on site at the MKT. In addition, there will be snack food and cold cuts available 24/7 if the munchies hit. BYOB!!!! We will provide water and sodas/juice. A hand wash station will be provided near the MKT.

Accomdations: We provide a level grassy field. You bring a tent or expandable 5 Ton truck or what have you.
You will want to bring your favorite folding/camp/lawn chair.

Distance: Parade drive 5 miles/ Convoy- 30 miles.

Parade Details: wsucougarx will be in charge of the parade again this year. Our group has become the "signature entry" in the Napavive Fun-Time Festival Parade.
Roll out time: 0950
Line up time: 1000
Parade time: 1100
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIf4NJXnGBs[/media]

Convoy Details: Hammer has put together a great route for this year's convoy. We will be mostly on county back roads and will include Quarkz's favorite drive through the "rain forest"! We plan to be out for about 2 hours and cover close to 30 miles Saturday after the parade.

Schedule of Events(tentative and subject to change)

THURS- All Day: Early Arrivals
Evening: Final Set-up
Night: Camp Fire

FRI- All Day: Arrivals
All Day: Swap Meet
1200: Lunch (hot dogs/picnic foods)
1800: Dinner at the MKT (Burgers/Dogs)
1900: Camp Fire

SAT- 0000- 1030 Arrivals
0800-0900 Breakfast at the MKT
1000-1030 Drive to Parade start/Parade Line-up
1100-???? Napavive Fun Time Festival Parade
1200-1300 Lunch(Cold cuts/chips/snacks/soda avail at MKT)
1330 Line up for Convoy
1400-1600 CONVOY
1800 Dinner at the MKT (Texas BBQ/Beans/Potato Salad)
Voting for awards
1930 Camp Fire/Awards Ceremony
???? Entertainment??

Sunday- All Day Departures
All Day Swap Meet
0700 Sunday Service for those interested. (Mike)
0800 Breakfast at the MKT
0930 Cold Cuts etc for build you own lunch
1000-1300 M/V Demos? HAM Radio demo?
1400 Re-Group at Aaron's
1700 Dinner for those still here. Clean up of Leftovers!
1800 Camp Fire

MON- A.M. Late Departures

T-Shirts: Dale(ABN173) is our T-shirt guru for this year. Please see his info in post #4 for ordering info. Thanks Dale for taking this on.

Buttons: Each year we give out free collector buttons to all who participate. We will have the buttons again at no charge.

Organizers: AaronW(Aaron), wsucougarx(Mike), Hammer(Ed). Feel free to PM any of us if you have a question.

Attachments

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Roster

Outstanding! If you plan on attending please PM me your information. Please let me know how many will be in attendance with you (food planning and estimated headcount), what you'll be bringing (good to know number of vehicles in the parade and convoy), where you'll be coming from (good idea to convoy with SS local to you to help with any issues on the road ie:breakdowns, flat tires), and your military status (active,reserve,retired,veteran). As with the past couple of years, our military members past and present will lead the column in the parade. This small gesture is our way of showing gratitude and thanking our Steelsoldiers for their past and present sacrifice and committment to our Country. Each military member will again receive a window label designating their status. I would like to encourage those who served to wear their uniforms for the parade portion of the rally.

Roster Last Updated: 12JUL12
PNW Roster List
CONFIRMED LIST:

MEMBER (+ADD'LS)...........MV/TRAILER...........LOCATION.............MILITARY STATUS

AARONW........................M109A3/M105............NAPAVINE...................VETERAN
AMBERW.............................M923...................NAPAVINE...................................
WSUCOUGARX +3................M923...............GRAYS HARBOR...............USN (RC)
HAMMER.............................M818...................ONALASKA...................VETERAN
DANIELLE..........................MYSTERY................ONALASKA..................................
ABN173..............................M35A2......................JBLM....................ARMY ACTIVE
64c30 +1............................CUCV..................PACIFIC,WA.................VETERAN
JETS1959......................M1031/TRAILER...........LAKEWOOD.............USAF RETIRED
VARYAG..........................M35A2/M105............GARFIELD,WA...............VETERAN
VARYAGWIFE.......................CUCV...................GARFIELD,WA...............................
FORT POWELL +2............M35A2/M105..............TACOMA,WA............USMC RETIRED-NATION'S FINEST
ROLLING18 +1....................M35A2................PORTLAND,OR...............VETERAN
REDROCKET +1..............URAL SIDECAR..........PUYALLUP,WA................VETERAN
AN/ARC186 +2..............M35A2/TRAILER..........GRAHAM,WA..............USMC RETIRED-NATION'S FINEST
AMRAM..............................M35A2..................BREMERTON..............NAVY ACTIVE
USMC Deuce CPL...........M35A2/M105.................SEATTLE....................VETERAN
HARDHATD +3...................HMMWV....................SEATTLE....................VETERAN
1STUMPJUMPER +2.............M934A1.................BELLINGHAM.................VETERAN
MACSOG2000.+3............M934/TRAILER...........FEDERAL WAY.............ANG RETIRED
SVAN +1............................M109A4..............BAINBRIDGE IS................VETERAN
Whirlybirdmechanic +2.........M35A2...............BONNEYLAKE,WA.................ARNG
DODGEDOUGAK +1..............M35A2...................JUNEAU,AK..............................
MOBILEAUTO2000 +1..........M35A2...............SPRINGFIELD,OR..............................
JOSH.................................M35A2................PORTLAND, OR................................
SRODOCKER.......................M35A2...................TACOMA.....................................
ODNORTH..........................M35A2C.............ABBOTTSFORD,BC.............................
REO 54..............................M35A2...............LOPEZ ISLAND,WA.............................
KAISERJEEPS +1.................M35A2..................PORTLAND,OR.................???????....
OLYWADAN +1................M35A2/M105................OLYMPIA....................................
F'N!WRECKERRAY +1.........M816,M813...............TOLEDO,WA..................................
LEFT_FLANK.........................M715.....................SEATTLE.......................................
RECON CHARLIE ALPHA....M925/M105..............ISSAQUAH,WA.................................
1STUMPJUMPER..................M934A1...............BELLINGHAM,WA...............................
QUARKZ.............................M923..................KENNEWICK,WA................................
ELKHUNTER +1......................CIVY....................HELENA,MT..................VETERAN
0352....................................CIVY..................LAKEWOOD,WA.............VETERAN
ALEX400...............................CIVY....................SEATTLE.......................................

POSSIBLE LIST:

MEMBER (+ADD'LS)...........MV/TRAILER...........LOCATION...........MILITARY STATUS

TURBOVR6JETTA +1.............M35A2...........BELLINGHAM,WA................................

NOT ATTENDING LIST:

MEMBER...........................MV/TRAILER...........LOCATION...........MILITARY STATUS

Scoutmanadam...................M35A2
Wolfen......................................................Woodburn, OR
JH1.............................................................Duvall, WA
503m715.....................................................Canby, OR
s1036s..............................M35A2
Wiggall..............................M35A2
Stawlart.............................HEMTT.............Redmond,WA.....................................

WARNING ORDER:
It is imperative that each MV operator do a COMPLETE safety check on their trucks! With the anticipated huge turnout this year, Mr Murphy may want to show his ugly head. Safety Safety Safety!!!

PNW ADMIN OFFICER;-)
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...chehalis-river-valley-m-v-convoy-campout.html

ON THE WAY TO THE RALLY CONVOY INFO:
In an effort to maximize safety and help each other out. I added this subsection to those who wish to organize a convoy to Napavine. There is safety in numbers plus it adds to the fun of the yearly rally. If you are interested in being the OWTR convoy leader, let me know where and when you are planning to set up a rally point for others in your AO. Albeit the dates/time may not match up as people will be arriving at different times. But it'll let others know. The time listed will be the initial time of rally with the convoy leaving 15 minutes later (ie Time listed is 0730 hrs, expect convoy to depart at 0745 hrs)

AO.............Convoy Leader............Rally Point.................Date/Time.

Olympia.......wsucougarx......I-5 S exit 99 offramp...........21JUL/0715 hrs
Portland...........Josh..................Jantzen Beach..................20JUL/TBD
Seattle...Recon Charlie Alpha.....I-5 S Exit 152...................20JUL/1000 hrs
Tacoma.......SRODOCKER.......Krispy Kreme(Tac Mall).......21JUL/0615 hrs
Eastern WA..Quartz..............Kennewick, WA area...........19JUL anytime meet/Leave 20JUL at 0800 hrs (contact quarkz for details)
Idaho.........
Bellingham..
S. Oregon...

Last edited:

Hammer

Oh yeah, finally the 'official' thread has begun!
I should be in the m818 again this year. Couldn't cut the mustard to get a M920 yet...
Danielle will also be present and accounted for, not sure on her vehicle choice as of yet.

OK, as for convoy routes.
Here is a link to the first 'rough draft' of the convoy route.
I will update the links in this post to keep from having multiple routes/links.

http://goo.gl/maps/4k9w

UPDATED Convoy Route!!!!!!

Also, if anyone with a multifuel is in need of a little 'assistance' to their fuel tank, I can help them out some. I have a pretty nice cocktail mixed up for the multi's!

Last edited:

ABN173

T-Shirts

OK off to a rough start on the T-shirts project so I better not screw this one up!
Next item up for discussion, we will have 2012 PNW rally T-shirts this year, I have a screen printer at my house and I will make sure this happens. Fair warning these will be a fairly simple one color design. I'm thinking it will be like a white or light grey print on a OD Green shirt, perhaps a black shirt too. Black on Sand color shirt will look awesome too. This will not be for profit just enough to cover my cost of ink, chemicals, and the cost of the shirts themselves. Its been some years since I made any shirts so the most expensive part of this will be the new ink/chemicals.

I'm thinking pricing will be something like:
T-shirts Short sleeve: $6.00
T-shirt L/S: $7.00
Sweatshirt: $14.00
Hoodie: $19.00

edit: prices are a slightly higher now due to current cost increase on my sources website. Mostly the price increase is on the sweatshirts/hoodies. Keep in mind darker colors (green/black) are more expensive than lighter colors (white, sand)

These will be top brand items such as Gildens, Jerzee, and Haynes.

We may adjust this upward by a couple of dollars for a 2013 Fund for next years event or to help cover Aaron's cost on this year's. I'm thinking we will have front left chest logo and a larger one on the back. I'm also thinking that we will not put the year on it so Aaron can sell any left over the following year.
But I'm open to discussion on this portion.

As some of you know I am due to PCS to FT Bragg this Fall and this will most likely be my last event and I want to do something nice for all the PNW members that have been so nice to me these past few years.

* Sorry Scott, we are not going to make thousands of mini-rally shirts for your frequent events:lol:

-Dale
Ed, I like the star idea very simple design. I own a screen printer system and once the screen is burned I could crank out one shirt per minute (perhaps 2min if they are double sided)

I have asked Chris and he will let us use "Steel Soldiers" in the name, and he has said yes. The best part of owning a silk screen system is that we can have multiple designs if we wanted.

I know for a fact we can beat most all prices out there. My estimate for a sweatshirt is only $10 and a hoodie $15.

The great thing about Ed's simple design is I can get the silk screen image correct the first time around. Mine may take a day or two in order to get the detailed image burned in correctly. Either way we can do both designs if we want (the star can be the official logo while the truck can be the Rally?) Anyway Ed lets work together on this. You guys can browse my blank shirt source too T-ShirtWholesaler.com: Wholesale Apparel at discount prices! I have used this company for years and stand by them 110%. Keep in mind your computer screen may not display the color exactly also not all colors are available in each brand so if you see "sandstone" as a color in Haynes don't ask me to get that color in Gildan.

Black ink on tan shirt, white ink on OD Green, white or grey on black shirt all turn out great normally. Ed hit me up on here or via PM while we work the details out. The below pics are ideas while the "Airborne Instructor" is one of my handiworks(black ink on white sweatshirt) to give you an idea of the quality. To give you an idea of the quality, I am wearing a Brown instructor shirt with black ink right now that I made in 2005 and the ink/artwork is holding up great. I used a Gilden Heavyweight 100% cotton (pre-shrunk).

-Dale
OK I just ordered about $170 in chemicals/inks, what I need is numbers data like:
1. How many people want shirts, and how many shirts.
2. Type- short sleeve, long sleeve, sweatshirts, and hooded sweatshirts
3. SIZES- While I prefer to have exact numbers, I can guess about M, L, and XL
what I don't know about is shirts for kids or larger members. The larger ones are the ones I really need to know about because the more fabric the higher the cost of that shirt so if anyone wants XXL, or XXXL I need to know that up front.

I have ordered three ink colors White, Black, and Grey.
I am sticking to these themes:
A. White or grey ink on Black colored shirt
B. White or grey ink on OD Green colored shirt
C. Black ink on sand colored shirt

I am attempting to cover all the cost up front and this will strictly be a NON-PROFIT venture on my part. If I find you guys are wanting multiple or large quantity or shirts/sweatshirts I may have to revisit that idea.....but for now this will be a pay at rally type of deal.

If anyone has questions just ask, and I'll do my best to respond promptly. Also I plan on screening some of Ed's (FT Powell) star MV design he posted here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/77763-pnw-mvg-logo-group-name.html

-Dale

8JUN12
All,

While we still have time to order and I should have limited extras on hand I want to be sure I am not forgetting anyone.

Pricing:
T-shirts Short sleeve: $6.00
T-shirt L/S: $7.00
Sweatshirt: $14.00
Hoodie: $19.00

T-shirts I can cover cost on, if you want lots of hooded sweatshirts "hoodies" like Scott does, well please paypal funds to iceramps@yahoo.com. Please cover any paypal fees on your end, since I have priced these really low just enough to cover cost only. If you want to mail a check that works too. I would like to get all orders submitted by 1 JULY 2012. I may could squeeze in a rushed order after that but fees may change if I have to pay for expedited shipping.

I have replied to most of the PM's and FB messages but if I missed anyone please sound off and let me know!

So far I orders from:
SRODOCKER
WSUCOUGARX
OLYWADAN
FT POWELL
QUARTZ
AMERI-TEAM
RECON Charlie-Alpha
AN/ARC186
jets1959
Kaiserjeeps
Josh
Red Rocket
F'N!WreckeRay

Again please let me know if I am missing anyone! Search around but these prices are rock bottom. If you want special orders on the sweatshirts or hoodies and money is tight let me know by PM and I may can cover you until the rally. I will also copy this into my post #4 and update as needed.

Thanks,
Dale

Attachments

Last edited:

Hammer

Well Josh, you missed your opportunity to play in the mud at my place ;)
All the good mud is gone, and everything is drying out (finally).

Josh

Ah. I actually washed my truck yesterday and finally fixed the brake lights. Should have the turn signals fixed next week. As much as I would love to carry on the hardluck award. I really hope my truck doesnt break.

Hammer

Actually Josh, I wish you luck on that!
As long as I don't take over your 'title'. I know I was a fairly close second last year....

odnorth

l will once again uphold the tradition of being the only Canadian present, somebody has to keep Josh entertained around the firepit into the wee hours of the morning.
Rob

ABN173

Just bumping, I updated my post # 4 with all the T-shirt information. There were some hiccups/rough start on this so please read the whole thing before posting or PM'ing me with your request.

Thanks,
Dale

ABN173

Dale I will take one sweat shirt Xl in green and two tee shirts Xl in green one of each design.:beer:
Thanks Dwayne, by each design I need to clarify I will only have one design, probably the one with the "tab" the other will be Ed's "star PN MV" design.

-Dale

Amram

amram is #1 for hardluck. he got yet another flat with his 395s...

and aaron i wont be able to call in but i will show up at somepoint heheh
So yeah I woke up this morning to get the truck ready for the Bremerton Armed forces day parade to find my rear most tandem on the passenger side had a flat. Didn't realize this until pulling into car wash port and a state trooper pulled up behind me to let me know. Luckily the car wash attendant helped me get it aired back up to 55 psi. Found 2 brad nails in the tire in the process. I made a mad dash for Wal-mart and bought 4 large cans of Fix o flat and emptied all 4 of those suckers into the tire. The tire held all the way through the parade. 10 minutes after backing the truck back into my driveway I heard a sound like someone passing gas and watched my tire deflate right in front of me. Someone was watching out for me today.:beer: Attached are photos of my truck in the parade.

Attachments

jets1959

So yeah I woke up this morning to get the truck ready for the Bremerton Armed forces day parade to find my rear most tandem on the passenger side had a flat. Didn't realize this until pulling into car wash port and a state trooper pulled up behind me to let me know. Luckily the car wash attendant helped me get it aired back up to 55 psi. Found 2 brad nails in the tire in the process. I made a mad dash for Wal-mart and bought 4 large cans of Fix o flat and emptied all 4 of those suckers into the tire. The tire held all the way through the parade. 10 minutes after backing the truck back into my driveway I heard a sound like someone passing gas and watched my tire deflate right in front of me. Someone was watching out for me today.:beer: Attached are photos of my truck in the parade.
Josh, I think you have competition for hard luck case right here!!! Sorry Mike to hear more of your troubles, but keep plugging away at your truck. It will get better, and we will help you the best we can. Hammer I think you are safe!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks