• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

Amer-team

You can count me in boss. Have not heard from McChord on doing a display for them. I will miss it as I have displayed at every airshow there since 1984.
I was following RR's interest in this event and thought she was right on till she got to the part about respectable parties. She is probably not familiar with Lewis county. :)

As for Coug's thoughts on Re-enactors or Living history folks, what era's and what types of uniforms were you thinking? I could put the word out to see if any of them are interested in tagging along.

Amer-team

problem is that most of the guys I know that do this stuff have vehicles and it is way more fun to drive than to walk when you have a perfectly good MV that needs to be shown off. I have 5 runners right now and my favorite parade vehicle is the 1942 Huffman military standard bicycle. I can ride around the group and talk to people along the street and everyone identifies with a bicycle. And it isn't near as intimidating as a 5T.

We did a Veterans day parade in Olympia a few years ago. We had 4 WW2 jeeps and 8 ground troops in WW2 gear. That ended up being a very scary walk and we decided we would not do one in Oly again. We had two instances that I witnessed where we had people coming out of the crowd to discuss their point of view, which was most likely not ours.

Will put the word out for walkers.

Amer-team

turbo, word of advice. If she comes between you and the green stuff, time for a new girlfriend. And if she likes it and wants to join in, marry her before she gets away and enjoy the rest of your life. :)

Amer-team

there is a bible verse about being unevenly yoked and I sure that they were talking about Green machines. hang in there and be sure to point out the error of her ways in this matter as women really appreciate the help. :)

turbovr6jetta

It sounds like she might be up for it... I guess I better keep on working on the deuce... Anyone have a good line on a full set of injector lines. And all the little rubber bits that clamp them all together? Ive already bloen a line, I'm sure not having all the mounts was a factor in it breaking.

F'N!WreckerRay

Hey guys Im in...
My GF is trying to learn to drive the 5ton :) lol....
I think you had better start mowing aaron.... Mowing lots... Contact me if you need help.
I plan to have the turbo'ed rolling coal 5ton wrecker there, a 5ton troopy truck, and possibly if the buy goes through a M37 gun truck :)
Cant wait to meet more SS.
See you all in JULY
Ray

ABN173

T-shirts update

Some of the chemicals arrived today. I tracked the 1st shipment of shirts (100) should be here tomorrow. I have received a bunch of PM's and Facebook request for shirts and working on a excel document so I don't lose track. Right now I can cover everything (about 1k) guys that want lots of hoodies (like four or more cough scott) I may have to get you to pay for those up front they add up fast at $15-17 each.

I will reply to all the PM's this weekend been a rough week at work.

Thanks,
Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks