• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

ABN173

Well I have already started... I guess I have only ruined one of the stock tires so far so i could turn back. But I think I will get at least a few off tomorrow I am pretty **** bent on seeing them on the truck. I knew it was going to be hard. But not next near impossible. Sheeesh
Amram and I felt the same way changing his out, three flats later we became pretty proficient at it. Do you have the proper tire tools? What are using? Once we figured it out it really does not take long.

-Dale

Amer-team

Hang in there with the tires and wheels. If you get one everytwo days, you will have it with time to spare.
I too have the gremlins today. The M38A1 developed a noise yesterday causing it to be redlined for the parade. It ended up be a loose nut on the crankshaft pulley. No not behind the wheel, although that is open to debate. After that project was over, thought it would be good to give the hardtop on the 5T some attention. it has obviously not been off in many years as evidenced by all the rusted small bolts in very unfriendly places.

I finally called it good for today at 2045, but did get the top portion off. Tomorrow will tackle the back.
Hang in there and you will prevail. PS do you know anyone that works at a tire shop that could give some professional assistance?

turbovr6jetta

I have pry bars, screw drivers, a pick, hammers, pieces of angle iron, a tractir, and a excavator. I thought the excavator would of done it. But no. I have a hard time believing its so difficult. Im getting help from a tire guy tomorrow. Maybe his fancy tools are better than 11000 pounds of force straight down on the bead. I actually tore the tire 1/2 inch from the actual seal of the bead...............

ABN173

I have pry bars, screw drivers, a pick, hammers, pieces of angle iron, a tractir, and a excavator. I thought the excavator would of done it. But no. I have a hard time believing its so difficult. Im getting help from a tire guy tomorrow. Maybe his fancy tools are better than 11000 pounds of force straight down on the bead. I actually tore the tire 1/2 inch from the actual seal of the bead...............
Mike and I were convinced we needed Brad's 10ton forklift too......one night we were forced to do it by hand, took like 10 minutes to seat the split ring and we did one more at mikes house the same way.

-Dale

Amram

Hold on to your horsees. You and Mike need to set up a date and we meet at a single area and I will bring my tire tools and we will mount them suckers in a few hours. I have no clue how it happened but I would like to think I have become an expert at mounting and demounting tires. All we need is a clean area to put the tires together, food, lots of dishsoap and a source of water. Be prepared to get dirty. I am pretty sure we can knock out both truck in about 5-6 hours depending how many people we have. I did my truck in about 8 hours. Well that's no counting the 3 other times involved.

ABN173

Hold on to your horsees. You and Mike need to set up a date and we meet at a single area and I will bring my tire tools and we will mount them suckers in a few hours. I have no clue how it happened but I would like to think I have become an expert at mounting and demounting tires. All we need is a clean area to put the tires together, food, lots of dishsoap and a source of water. Be prepared to get dirty. I am pretty sure we can knock out both truck in about 5-6 hours depending how many people we have. I did my truck in about 8 hours. Well that's no counting the 3 other times involved.
True statement, pretty sure it would not have taken that long knowing what we know now anyway.

Josh

If it comes down to it. Ill help at the rally. Last week I broke down almost 30 900x20s. Got really good at it. I would highly recomend getting a tire lubricant as I had better luck with that then regular soap. Turns out 30 deuce rims weights almost 3000lbs.

goodguyzy

If it comes down to it. Ill help at the rally. Last week I broke down almost 30 900x20s. Got really good at it. I would highly recomend getting a tire lubricant as I had better luck with that then regular soap. Turns out 30 deuce rims weights almost 3000lbs.
your the man Josh.

ellisk1989

hey i would like to come might be able to drive my 68 m35a2 down if not i will ride with my buddy with is 67 he would like to go too he is going to send his own reply :driver:

wsucougarx

Thanks Scott, funny thing about sleep. You don't notice it when you have it. And when you don't have it, you forget what it was like to have it. Confused? Oh, you'll find out in due time my friend...you'll find out.:grin: